Green tea

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Down another 0.6lbs today to 166.2lbs. This is getting very interesting.
  • Ok Ian. I stopped drinking my tea for awhile. You are going to make me start again, I guess. Just in case it works.
  • I always lost weight when I drank green tea. Now I'm wondering if it was more than a coincidence!
  • Thanks ladies! My true test is 161lbs. That was my lowest weight ever. If I get lower than that, green tea aides weight loss. Period.
  • Rooting for you!
  • Me too. Go, Ian! Go, green tea!
  • I had 50oz of green tea today I was comfy in my pajamas, reading news etc on my computer and sucked that stuff down
  • Up 0.4lbs today to 166.6lbs. I wonder if green tea is running out of steam!

We'll see tomorrow. I had my usual 5 or so cups today.
  • I like brewing a container in the morning, and drinking some of it iced later on. Especially during summer months.
  • *runs straight to the kitchen to brew some green tea*
  • <3 Green tea!
  • Down another 1lb today to 165.6lbs! Awesome. I wonder whether it will stick. I just so love being at 165. It feels right.

I have been lower but I always start to feel really sweet at 165.

Come on green tea! One final push.
  • Ian, are you drinking it hot or cold? I read somewhere a while back that the weight loss only occurs if it's hot, but I have no personal experience. I had a friend at work who drank bottle after bottle of it cold and never lost any weight, but I don't know what her diet is like. I figure it would help with a weight loss effort, not just drop pounds indiscriminately.
  • Hot, but not boiling as I hear that kills something good in it. So I boil a kettle and wait a bit.

I am British so can only drink hot tea. Even in the States!

161 is the number to watch. That's my all time low. If it gets me below that then I am sold.

Saying that, however, I am impressed with how it seems to be controlling my water weight better and is also keeping me 'regular'. At lower weights water and poop really mess with my scale readings and the green tea seems to be helping. At least so far.
  • I only like the toasted matcha green tea or green tea with fruit in it like mango or pomegranate. Something about it makes me gag after 1 cup. Maybe I make it too strong?...
    Anyhow interesting quote about added health benefits using lemon juice in it.

"Drinking green tea with lemon improves the health benefits of the tea, according to researchers at Purdue University. Citrus juice brings out green tea's antioxidants, making them more available for your body to absorb. Catechins, which prefer the acid environment of the stomach, become degraded in the more alkaline conditions of the small and large intestine, where nutrient absorption takes place. Lemon juice can increase the amount of catechins your body extracts from green tea by up to six times. While compounds in tea can inhibit iron absorption from foods in your diet, drinking your green tea with lemon reduces that effect."
    article in San Francisco online general news site.
    Liana