40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

You're on Page 30 of 36
Go to
  • I would not do two low calorie days in a row, Rennie! You may get really hungry and it will backfire on you. I like the 5:2 plan. I like IF period. Nice job on your weight loss, Rennie! I bet it was a relief to see that 162 again! -- Fasting always cuts my bad eating cycle; I hope it does the same for you!
  • Shannonsnail You are doing awesome!

Heidi Your food sounds amazing! -- I saw a flower store called New Leaf, I thought of you!
  • Thanks Sum for the quick reply. I will re-do the meals for today. It was definitely a relief to see that number but tell me why 161 is hiding from me I hope it does the same for me also
  • Hello all..

Today is a killer day for me..three classes to teach and my son has a violin lesson wedged in there....hope I can get supper made and served in time for me not to be late for my evening class!

Scale was a little over 151 today, I thought it would be higher given i had fast food yesterday on my break at school...(the power bar and almonds I packed were just NOT cutting it)....I guess those fast food salads aren't so bad after all....even with their crappy dressing....

I am doing a IF diet of sorts, eating within a five or six hour period in the day. Not so good so far, I caved and had two chocolate eclairs that I bought today when i went grocery shopping (I get my kids back today and like to have snacks for them) Not a cool move, I am hopeless..but a binge would have been the WHOLE box so I'm not going to slap myself around...i think I did that enough for now.....

dinner is going to be chicken and spinach.

and Im OFF and RUNNING....it is a gorgeous day out...sat out for a little while and watched the puppy sniff grass and try and eat dandelion flowers...it is the little things that make me happy
  • I think we all need to go to Newleafs house for dinner.....
  • LOL Everyone is welcome to my house for dinner!
  • Zumba the little things make me happy also, they take you away in thought if only for a minute it's still quite pleasant

Heidi just say when

EDIT: not a new low I reached 161.2 on 4/12 today I'm down .4 to 161.6 still happy. I have 1.6 to go to reach my goal for the end of the month only one day so I am gonna hope for a nice whoosh after a TOTALLY ON PLAN DAY.
  • rennie congrats on your new low, and fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh-in!

Had a wonderful protein shake this morning: pineapple juice, watermelon, basil w/ a few ice cubes and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. OMG, delicious!
  • Yum Heidi! I miss pineapple. I have been staying away from the higher glycemic fruits because of my blood sugar but I bet that was good!

Feeling a little down today. Scale is "stuck" for first time since I started, been hovering around 194 since last Tuesday. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I was just hoping it would be later, lol!

My daughter is at preschool this morning so I need to get myself together and be productive! Talk more later!
  • Thanks Heidi , I messed up, I looked back and found that I weighed 161.2 on 4/12 so not quite a low but it feels good to hopefully get out of the 160's for good Your smoothie sounds good. I'm curious what kick does the basil give it?
  • Smile Shannon and enjoy your day that scale will move
  • Congrats Rennie!
  • Thanks Sum

Shannon I like the new avatar. I need to update mine
  • Thanks Rennie! First pic in a long time where I felt good about myself. Have you seen the weather reports? I am seriously getting freaked out.
  • hi all....well Aunt Flo finally made her visit today. My appetite always drops when she arrives. As i have gotten older my PMS binging has become quite blatant. Anyhow the scale is somewhere in the 152 range still......i have accomplished nothing . Tomorrow night is a party that i've known about for while and I have nothing to wear because nothing fits. Im' not a happy camper, but you all know that already.