Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 31

You're on Page 33 of 34
Go to
  • My sister went on the program after I was on it awhile, she lost 37 pounds and is maintaining well... congrats Hawaii69! LOL.. Now if I could just join her in maintenance soon!!
  • Quote: ...
    Had my WI today. Lost 1 lb and 1 3/4". Hooray. Slow but steady.
    CONGRATS Carol. Keep it up. (I know you will)
  • Quote: Hi Carol! I was just wondering about you yesterday. Congrats on the losses!

P2 is going great - you wouldn't think just subbing my own protein for a packet would make much of a difference, but it does mentally. Feels like I'm having to plan more, but that's not a bad thing. I figure P1 became routine to me pretty quickly and so will the other phases.
    Ruth Ann - I'm glad it is going well!! I haven't had much time to get online at work during my "lunches". If you can believe it, it has gotten crazier here at work. Oh well, usually happens before I go on vacation - just makes me enjoy it more!!!

Quote: CONGRATS Carol. Keep it up. (I know you will)
    Thanks Vachinyc!!
  • Quote: Ruth Ann - I'm glad it is going well!! I haven't had much time to get online at work during my "lunches". If you can believe it, it has gotten crazier here at work. Oh well, usually happens before I go on vacation - just makes me enjoy it more!!!
    I do the same thing - go crazy and exhaust myself just before vacation! But now I want to go on vacation! DH wants to take me some place for my birthday in June, I just haven't decided where.

I've been on serial, dull conference calls for 2 days that I really don't have to pay much attention to so have had a little time to play on-line. Of course, I'm getting a ton of work done at the same time. Good thing we know how to triple-task isn't it?
  • I would just like to say hi and introduce myself. I did IP back in 2011 and lost 80 lbs. However, I never learned how to do the maintenance and gained all but 10 pounds back. So, here I am again but still determined. This time I will have an end plan and make sure I figure it out. This is my fourth week and will weigh on Sat. So far I'm down 15 lbs. Couple of questions-Does anyone else feel like they avoid social situations because they don't want to deal with all the temptation of food? I was invited to a trivia night and there is always so much food there. I declined because I didn't think I could handle it. Also, does anyone feel more crabby on this diet. My husband says he hates when I go on a diet because I am always more crabby. Just curious..
  • Quote: I would just like to say hi and introduce myself. I did IP back in 2011 and lost 80 lbs. However, I never learned how to do the maintenance and gained all but 10 pounds back. So, here I am again but still determined. This time I will have an end plan and make sure I figure it out. This is my fourth week and will weigh on Sat. So far I'm down 15 lbs. Couple of questions-Does anyone else feel like they avoid social situations because they don't want to deal with all the temptation of food? I was invited to a trivia night and there is always so much food there. I declined because I didn't think I could handle it. Also, does anyone feel more crabby on this diet. My husband says he hates when I go on a diet because I am always more crabby. Just curious..
    YES, very crabby, but to be fair I started a hormonal birth control when I started this diet too. So it could be that....which I found out being on this diet that it's not even guaranteed effective, so I'm done with it after this TOM.
  • Women store hormones in their fat so as you lose the fat - watch out! Hormone overload! Even though I had a hysterectomy several years ago, I ended up on replacement therapy because of the hot flashes. They were miserable, especially at night. And crabby? My dh should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with me!
  • Hello my friends,

How do my expert friends rice their cauliflower? It made such a mess with the hand grater.
  • Quote: Hello my friends,

How do my expert friends rice their cauliflower? It made such a mess with the hand grater.
    I just made some tonight and I always use the food processor. I pulse it several times and it always comes out very well.

I put a pie plate in the sink and then use the hand grater that way so all the mess stays (mostly) in the sink.
  • Quote: I do the same thing - go crazy and exhaust myself just before vacation! But now I want to go on vacation! DH wants to take me some place for my birthday in June, I just haven't decided where.

I've been on serial, dull conference calls for 2 days that I really don't have to pay much attention to so have had a little time to play on-line. Of course, I'm getting a ton of work done at the same time. Good thing we know how to triple-task isn't it?
    Oooo, I hope you get to go somewhere fun for your birthday Ruth Ann. My birthday is in June as well. I turn the big 50 this year. We will be traveling to Idaho on my birthday to be able to celebrate my Granddad's 100th birthday. It's a big one for both of us and special that we can celebrate together.

I use this method and freeze it in 1-cup (100g) portions.
  • I made it! I'm down another 3.9lbs, so I'm officially below 250! I've accomplished my first mini-goal!

Current mini-goals:
    1. Fit into my concert black (I've got shows on the 29th and the 6th)
    2. Drop out of Obese Class III

I used to use my food processor but found it was just as much cleanup as the hand grater so I use a pan & hand grate in the sink so I can rinse any mess right into the disposal. Either food processor or blender still requires chopping it up, which still creates a mess. The sink contains the mess for me!
  • Quote: Oooo, I hope you get to go somewhere fun for your birthday Ruth Ann. My birthday is in June as well. I turn the big 50 this year. We will be traveling to Idaho on my birthday to be able to celebrate my Granddad's 100th birthday. It's a big one for both of us and special that we can celebrate together.
    I'm thinking Reno for my birthday - that's always fun.

And how great that you and your granddad get to share your birthday party! I'll be in Idaho in next month for my step-mother's birthday. Assuming the weather holds and the mountain passes are clear - I don't like traveling in bad weather.