IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Wow!
  • shrinkingsusie - Wow!! You look amazing!
  • Wow shrinkingsusie great work!!!

For folks that take progress pics, how often do you taken them? I am starting week 4 and was planning to take them every 4 weeks but now maybe I think 8 wks would show better results?
  • 4 weeks would be good as well. I do not have any good ones before I started because I shunned the camera.
  • Thanks everyone.

When I started I used to do progress pics every other week and measurements every 4 weeks... Now I just do them when I remember, or when I have had a few slow loss weeks for motivation. I realized this morning I haven't taken pictures or measurements for 9 weeks! I can't find my measuring tape though, so I am going to pick one up today to see my inches.
  • Quote: Beck Diet Solution Think Thin Thursday

"When our dieters have trouble figuring out whether or not what they’re feeling is hunger or something else (a craving, wanting to eat for emotional reasons, etc.) we ask them to take the “tofu test”: if they would eat plain tofu in that moment , then they’re probably hungry. If they’re craving something else, then it’s likely not true hunger underlining the desire to eat."

I use plain romaine lettuce leaves as my test.
    Love love this. I am a big tofu fan. I don't think I could eat it plain...so this is a good test! Last weekend at the farmers market, this lady was selling her own sprouted tofu that she had made. She about shoved it in my mouth. Yuck! Cold tofu is not good! lol.
  • yay susie you look great!!! you're doing wonderful! My new coach measures every 3 weeks. I like measuring every week because the results are more real! The scale factors in so much to me that may not always show your results! But you're doing so amazing. So proud!!
  • shrinkingsusie wow wow wow! that is amazing!
  • Flavored Coffee
    Quote: Wondering if flavored coffee is OP....for example, we have a few bags of Godiva (chocolate truffle) and New England Coffee (hazelnut creme) hanging around. I drink my coffee black anyway and know about its dehydrating effect so I will drink an extra glass of water for every cup, but just wondering if the fact that it's flavored is OK? Thanks!
    Check out the nutritional information. As long as it is all zero across the board (calories, fat, carbs) I am pretty sure that you can drink it.
  • ShrinkingSusie ...You look great! What a motivation you are for many of us!
  • Susie.... Wow!! Incredible!!
  • Quote: Check out the nutritional information. As long as it is all zero across the board (calories, fat, carbs) I am pretty sure that you can drink it.
    Thanks! Thats what I though but wanted to confirm.
  • Quote: Check out the nutritional information. As long as it is all zero across the board (calories, fat, carbs) I am pretty sure that you can drink it.
    Actually 0/0/0 is sugar/fat/carbs (easy mistake to make). But the coffee should be fine if it's 0/0/0
  • Quote: Did some pictures today for the first time in 9 weeks!! These are my start pictures and this mornings pictures, but I also compared today to 9 weeks ago and there is definitely a lot of inch loss going on. Take that, Mr. Mean Scale.
    Wow Susie! You look super!
  • Morning,
    Yipee! My coach is expecting me to be out the 190's on Mon. I got on the scale and it said 188 lbs. Usually my scale reads 2 pounds more than hers. I have to hand in there. Spring is approaching.