A letter to the scale.

• Dear scale,

It's been 7+ months since I left you half way across the country. 7 months since I haven't given you a second look, or even a second thought. 7 months of living life that's felt right to me and my body.

Even though I'm not as active as I'd like currently, and sometimes I eat foods that aren't the best for me, I'm actually staying on track! My body has been the one to tell me when enough is enough with the junk food; I can go weeks without having a single craving for it. My body craves activity; I feel restless and aggravated when I sit around doing nothing.

I'm no longer concerned with the number. I no longer stress about stepping on you. I no longer think about if the pounds are coming off quickly... because I can FEEL the difference. I feel thinner (and honestly, look it too!), I FEEL healthier.

I can honestly say that I no longer need you, scale. I have no idea how much I weigh, and for once... I don't care! Sure, I've still got a bit to go before I'm at my goal, but my goals are no longer numerical, and it's probably the best thing I've done for my journey.

Not so much love,
    A lady learning what being healthy is all about!

TLDR: It's been 7 months since I've given up the scale, and I'm probably doing the best I've ever done. And I'm feeling pretty damn good about it.
  • I love your letter! It is great.
  • Nice, I'm glad you are feeling so good! It's great when you find what really works for you physically AND mentally.