Off topic...but for all you (science ) teachers....

• It is -35 where my daughter lives at the moment...she just sent me a video of herself and the 2 kids outside... bundled up of course...and took a pan with a long handle of boiling water out there with them...and threw it up in the air where it instantly turned to "snow"!
  • My kids have been doing and enjoying it since morning..it is quite a bit of fun for them. The temperatures are so low in our area...
  • I've done that when it was -50ish (C/F is the same -40 I think), did it with boiling water even. I have seen -72 with the windchill.
  • Oh have them blow bubbles and see what happens

We do this stuff all the time when it gets this cold!
  • I used to do that as a kid - comes down as ice
  • OOOH! The bubble blowing sounds like a blast! Just talked to my daughter and she said it's been all over FB ...so since I am not a big FB person I guess I missed it! Anyway... it was terrific fun to see my granddaughters' reactions! The water WAS boiling...and it was a huge pan so there was no mistaking it...even watching on my little iPhone screen.

We are predicted to have a balmy 15 degree day here tomorrow...not sure with the wind chill what that will actually end up to be...but many of y'all are experiencing way w-a-y worse cold than what we are getting in suburban Philadelphia and the Chesapeake Bay area. However..after a certain point it's moot I guess...It's just too cold! Good days to make pots of IP chili...soups and drink a lot of tea. I stayed at the gym 2 hrs this AM because I did not want t go back out! The owner said..."Boy Kathie...you are really doing a lot here today"...LOL...the gym was a preferable option...even after having finished what I'd set out to do!By the way Sarabell...congrats on Onderland...happy way to start the NY!