40-Somethings January 2014 Chat

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Here's to a great year of chatting! I closed out the December thread but there were a few great posts from this month already so I'm hoping you will go back and read...
  • sum I saw your weight in the weigh in thread. Great way to start the year!

As I was entering my weight in my app this AM, I was a little flabbergasted that "this time" which should be the rest of my life, is coming up on 2 years in April already. Not too onerous, with the support of my DH and all my friends here! Here's to another 30 years, LOL
  • Heidi, I'm aiming for immortality, so let's do this forever!
  • Nah, when I hit 79, it's going to be skittles, jelly bellys, and twizzlers all the way!
  • Yay, new thread.

Heidi Thank you, I had a really good week I wish every week would bring 5 pound loss

I think I need to up my calories that I am eating, gasp. I am exercising so much that the weight seems to be just melting off. My whole body composition has changed in the past few weeks, I even look a lot trimmer. BUT, if I am burning 1200-1500 calories per day by exercising and only eating 1200 cal, that is a huge deficit and I will probably start feeling weak. -- It scares me to start eating more.

So today I am upping my calories by 200 and see how it goes.
  • You guys are so silly
  • Congrats Sum, I don't have the problem right now of too little calories! I did the first time around with SBD, not this time .

I just made myself egg foo young (without gravy!) for breakfast, and it is outrageously awesome. Whowoulddathunk I would like eggs without cheese?

On the diet front, I am doing well on my phase I (no grains or fruits), just too much of it. I need to drink more water, and I'm getting better about exercising again. I think my previous dog was my rock for running (she was the perfect running partner), and I just hadn't gotten to where I was without her. The new dog is too silly!
  • Quote: Nah, when I hit 79, it's going to be skittles, jelly bellys, and twizzlers all the way!

You had me at skittles.
  • I want to look like her when I am 62 (and 72, and 82 because I think she will stay as a hot momma for ever), so no skittles for me at 79

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...r-bikini-body/
  • I will not look like her, ever. Ever.

So, I'll eat your share of the Skittles. While wearing my mumu.
  • Yeah, I'll never rock that look either, sadly... But she looks great!
  • My kids told me they don't want me to be a skinny granny.
    You can keep your skittles, though. Fruity candies don't do anything for me. Give me caramels or chocolate, please.
  • LOL Sum me too on the five pound loss Good luck with your changes Sum

Tammy egg foo young I'm gonna have to look that up I hope you and the new pup get a routine going soon

Michelle, I have worn enough mumu's to last forever I never want to wear one again

Leeh caramels I've been drooling a lot today

the boys are making pancakes here I go again, smh. I think I like the syrup more than anything
  • Sum, I wish I could drop 5 pounds in a week. I'd be happy to lose that in a month.

I have been inspired by you all to count calories for the first time ever and I think I'm generally maintaining on 1800 to 2000 (when I'm thin). I think the reason pregnancies catch up on me weight wise is that normally I exercise quite vigorously whereas I don't bother when pregnant. If I can't get that "runner's high" then I'm not interested.

I'm going to aim for 1800 or under and see how I go. After the baby's evening marathon feed I always hunt through the kitchen looking for food so I might limit it to one thing rather than about three.

About how many calories is everyone else eating? Sum, were you hungry on 1200?
  • I love egg foo young, sounds great for breakfast!

I'll take the jelly bellys at 79

That is a great week Sum!

all