New here...

• Hey,

I'm new here. I officially start my diet tomorrow and will weight myself then, but last week when I weighed myself I was at 273lb.

I need to get down to at least 140lb. I've looked at different charts and calculators and have decided that 125lb is my goal. 125lbs is well within the "range" for my ideal weight.

I'll be back to post again tomorrow. To be honest, I might end up spending more time on other threads like "Mini-Goals", "Calorie Counters" and "Exercise", but I think I'll still be here quite a bit.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • Welcome! I'm on a similar journey myself. Good luck and just keep posting! Join some challenges, some daily threads or weekly threads to check in and get to know some accountability partners, etc. This is a great place!
  • Welcome! I hope that you will find this forum as much help as I have. I am glad that you are planning on spending time in "mini-goals" as I have found that focusing on mini, doable goals is the best thing that I can do. I am still not sure of my final goal but I do know that I want to lose 10 more pounds.
  • Thanks Mozzy, akelly728 and time2lose for the welcome posts. I'll be posting. Not necessarily daily but a few times a week.

BTW, I weighed myself today and I'm 266.5 lbs. I was sick last week, so I think that's where the weight loss came in. LOL. Illness is good for something.

I'm going to see my cardiologist this month (or whenever the earliest appointment is) and then I can get some exercise done, for now I'm not exercising.

I have always been partially anemic, but in November 2013, I hit "fully anemic". I'm not exerting myself until I'm medically cleared to do so. I've been eating better and taking it easy and my blood count has already improved. I'm still walking, but slowly. No exertion until my doctor tells me what my target heart rate (range?) should be. I also need to purchase a heart monitor. Since I was already going shopping for a new workout outfit this weekend. I'll simply add "heart monitor" to my shopping list.
    Funny thing. This morning at the gym I weighed myself wrapped in a "new" towel. I bought the thing a good year ago, but hadn't used it yet. I love it! It covers everything and then some. Not bad for a $5 clearance item. I'm using the towel now, so that my weigh-ins are consistent. I'll always have my towel, since I love the wet area at the gym. In case anyone is wondering, I bought my towel at Wal-mart and it is made by "Better Homes and Gardens".
  • Welcome Yolanda! It is fun to see a fellow DFW resident

Good luck with the cardiologist and doctors and stuff, I went through that early in the fall for a low heart rate.

Weight loss is seen 90% in food, but working out helps some and has other awesome effects. Until you are cleared for exercise just focus on what you are eating and work on getting on track there.
  • Thanks for the encouragement, pnkrckpixikat. Concentrating on my diet is exactly what I plan to do for now. Exercise will get added in later.
    I'm also going to be a lot stricter on myself about my water intake. I can't skimp on that.
  • Welcome Yolanda! Starting by cleaning up your diet is an excellent plan. Best of luck on your journey.