Highest Weight

• I'm at my highest weight of 330 lbs. It happened so quickly. I have lost weight before, but I 'm terrible at staying motivated. I looked up all the usual suggestions, but they don't work very well for me for long.
  • Hi Stacia! My highest weight was 310. Have you tried setting small weekly goals, having a "free-meal" once a week, or maybe deciding to maintain for a few weeks when you feel your motivation slipping, then jumping back into it when you feel ready? Just some suggestions. You can do it!
  • My hugest was 312.

I don't necessarily have a hard time staying motivated, but I do have a problem staying focused and on task. I get complacent, stop tracking, stop working out. Or, I get frustrated because I don't think it is making any difference.

So I join challenges, push myself harder faster. So far it's been easy this time, but that may be because I was actually ready to make the lifestyle changes required. And, if I am totally honest, my weightloss this time is super public. I have lost too much for it not to be, if I quit and gain it back this time lots of people will notice and I will feel stupid. I hate feeling stupid!

Good luck. Just come here when you are feeling no motivation!
  • Hi. My highest ever was likely around 350 and I would now consider myself to have been housebound at that time. I was in my late 20's, early 30's at the time. I lost about 20 pounds then joined WW. I got down to 180 in about a year and a half. But I soon began to gain again.
    I am learning to stay motivated or at least to keep at it motivated or not.
  • My highest was 320.
    You can do this.
    I can do this.
    We can all do this.

Sometimes I look back on my life and weightloss journey and shake my head. If I had just slowed down and stopped trying to accomplish so much so quickly I would have been done by now. ITS NOT A RACE. That's what I keep telling myself. If I had made a goal of 10 pounds a year by this age I would have already hit my goal weight. This time I vow to lose weight smartly, not quickly.
    If I only lose 20 pounds that's ok, what's important is that I learn to stop my cycle of eating crap, hating myself, then eating more crap.
    Good luck girl! We are all here with you and for you.