Just Do It

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Oh that Melt class sounds awesome. My best friend is trying to convince me to join the gym that she belongs too. The problem I have is that it's close to work, several of our coworkers go there and she will be going on lunchtime. I've done it before and it was ok, but that was a couple of years ago. Also, there aren't any classes its just equipment. Sooo, I hate to tell my bestie but I don't feel like joining there.

I'm working on a mere 4 hours of sleep We are having nice weather today so that's a plus. It's about 11 am here and I think I'll put on my headphones and go for a walk.

I'm trying to keep a positive mind and make it a great week.
  • Home sick with a bad cold. All congested
    Bummer
    I think I'll be using my gym as a weekend 'spa' because I can't get there during the workweek right now.
    Hope all's well
  • Gym? You need to stay clear of those extra germs. I hope you feel better soon!

Today is teeth shattering cold in my area. I've been experimenting with goodies on youtube this weekend. Today I made cinnamon coffee cake and yesterday I made apple cider spiced donuts. I did walking lunges while waiting for the donuts. Does that count as exercise? Otherwise still having to make hospital visits, chauffeur and rest when I can. This weekend I am being a couch potato on purpose and just eating what I want.
  • Thanks
    Yeah, it cold enough to see your breath.
    Baking goodies while doing lunges sounds like perfection in multitasking !
    Stay warm & enjoy.
  • Hello everyone!
    It's snooooowing and very, very cold. I fear the morning commute will not be fun.

On the exercise front I bought a spark tracker on sparkpeople. Because of my new toy I've been hanging out on that support site. It's a pedometer attached to your spark account. You are able to view steps instantaneously which is motivational and fun.

I've not been watching what I'm eating. Frankly, I don't feel like it. I just want to eat what I want and be merry...LOL I'm sure at some point I'll jump on the scale and won't be happy with the number but for now I don't feel I want the self imposed pressure.

I hope everyone is having a grand holiday season.
  • Hi,
    It is cold & getting colder. Hard to not sink into a good meal.
  • Exhale, more snow tomorrow....good grief!
  • Philly Girl, it's just started being ' Winter' and I'm already worn out!
    But I still rather have the 4 seasons - we just have to win lotto so we can enjoy this one at home .
  • I so wish I could win, but I can't stand losing money so I don't play....ahh, there's the rub!

I took public transportation today and the bus slide like 3 times. At the moment I was glad I didn't drive. But after work the streets were clear and I wished I had my car. When I got home I had to clean the snow off of my car so that was my workout for today.

Supposed to have something else happen on Saturday....ughhh!

Goodnight!
  • The trains were a mess today, although I'm not sure that it was all weather- realted. It's just too cold and too dark coming and going.

Does shivering count as exercise?

Hope tomorrow' s better.
    good night
  • I haven't been on the boards in a bit. I wish everyone a happy holiday!