Going to be scarce for a few days at least

• I got some terrible news about my job on thursday - I found out that HP is no longer going to be contracted with my company as of Aug 31. HP is moving all of their tech support offshore to India and other countries where people will work for $1 so they make more money. Because of this, there are 700+ people at my company who now have no idea what is going on. My company shouldn't have a problem getting another contract, which means the agents will still be on the phones taking calls, and the Team Leaders will still have their positions. But because my position is unique to HP, I won't have a position when this is said and done. I have worked my butt off to get where I am, and I have been told I am likely going to be going back on the phones, which is where I was at when I first started at the company.

I am so upset and devastated. I finally had a career...I honestly can't believe this is happening, I am in total shock.
  • oh raelynn, i am so sorry. that is horrible. i just got laid off, and it sucked, but i hated the job. not like you. i hope some door opens up for you and they place you somewhere good!
  • Oh, I am so sorry. That's absolutely rotten. I hope you can find something better within your company. Kind of like Holly said, maybe another door will open for you where you can be just as happy.
  • I am so sorry. Is there the same kind of position in another company? That just sucks. Keep us posted.
  • That really does stink. I'm sorry you're going through this right now. I hope that it opens a new door for you and I know one way or another, things will work out for you. Let us know.
  • Raelynn...that really does stink. You are a talented and resourceful woman, so I'm sure you will find something! Keep us posted.
  • Raelynn, I am sorry to hear that, hon. *hugs* You come back to us when you can, we understand. I hope you find something in the meantime.
  • Raelynn...

I am so so sorry to hear the crummy news!... that just sucks!

Dana
  • Thanks for replying. I had a crappy weekend, because of my stress, but I have taken things into my own hands and I am starting up my own business. By the end of the summer I should be making what I'm making now, so if I do get put back on the phones, I have the option of quitting.
  • Raelynn,
    I'm so sorry about your job. You will find something better! We're all here for you!

Hugs,
    Sherry
  • raelynn.. LOVE your solution!!! and keep us posted.

corporations can suck. there's no two ways about it! but you've realized that it's THEM, and not you, so there's no guilt on your side. they don't deserve you!!!
  • Raelynn - Sorry I'm late in posting. What a shock! I know you'll do great in your new endevour!