What are some of your favorite exercises?

• trying to lighten the mood after my last post, felt so embarrassed!
    I had no idea....
  • Skipping rope, love it.
  • Anything that doesn't "count" as exercise. So like playing racquetball. Or water-skiing/wakeboarding/tubing. Definitely kayaking.

Cleaning out my grandma's house the other day we found a Skip-it that still worked in the play room. That was kind of fun. As were the light-up hula hoops and Twister game. All were much easier at 10 than at 32
  • Recumbent stationary bike at the rec center: I can work up a sweat and my messed up ankles and knees feel awesome afterwards.

Dancing, because it's just so fun and doesn't feel like exercise and I'm guaranteed a "woo woo" from my husband if he walks in while I'm doing it. I'm planning to try a Zumba class at the rec center after I get to ONEderland, have to get a little more weight off of my joints first.

Swimming: it's so quiet and peaceful under the water and again it's great for my joints and I just feel light when I'm doing it. The rec center pool is being renovated right now; can't wait for it to open back up.
  • running!!!!!!!! I used to run before pregnancy. Now that baby is almost 7 weeks I 'm trying to lose the weight gained so I can run w/ out feeling like I'm dragging around a tn of weight.
  • Swimming is my absolute favorite, but not very practical since I rarely have access to a pool. My favorite right now though is cycling, nothing beats riding your bike in the fall when the air is slightly chilly and you can hear the leaves crunching under your tires.
  • if I could play volleyball everyday, I would!! unfortunately no one I know likes volleyball and the city league adult teams are SUPER competitive so I stay out of that

I love walking, wandering around the local streets and docks, especially the docks....I love the water although i'm terrified of swimming

I love running too, both at the gym and outside

if there were no bears around here, I would TOTALLY be out on the trails more

I am currently doing only weight training and seeing good results from that, because I had to take a break from running for my foot

what else do I like?.....basketball, tennis, badminton, deep house cleaning (does that count?), water aerobics, zumba and hip hop classes....most of which I don't really participate in but at some point would like to...and ice skating, which I ADORED as a child and cannot anymore because if I fall, I will seriously injure my back
  • I've been wanting to go roller skating at the local rink!
  • I'm enjoying Barre body sculpt classes -- intense, but just when you think you can't do a move any longer, it moves on to something else, and time flies. Oh, and it works! I also like TRX -- where you hang from straps and lift your own body weight. I've seen a lot of progress, and it's the only thing that's really worked to reduce my arms. I love Zumba, too -- and any kind of dancing. Other than that, I read while walking on the treadmill. If I have a good book, I really look forward to it! And, with cooler weather coming, I can't wait to walk outside this fall.
  • re:
    I do fencing.
  • Running outside, spin class, and lifting weights
  • Im really enjoying the stair climber at the gym! I feel so accomplished afterward!
  • Walking and hiking.
  • Walking, I love walking around my neighborhood. I meet neighbors, find stores, and I also get much needed alone time if I can go during certain times.

Dancing, or trying to dance. If I'm feeling goofy, I'll try to keep up with one of my younger siblings. My little brother is a huge Michael Jackson fan and my little sister loves to try to do dances from anime. Any time I can keep up with them is a victory in my book.