Fall Challenge! Starts Sept 1

You're on Page 3 of 18
Go to
  • I'm in. I used to be very active here at Chicks. But I decided its time I came back and got serious. I gained about 10lbs in the almost 2 years I was gone, but its time I get serious again. I tried many different plans while I was here, nothing really seemed to work and I got rather burned out, which is why I left. I'm starting small trying to determine what to do next. I got rather obsessed and crazy and then miserable the last time so I'm being very careful to take small steps and not end up where I was before.

I'm 44, married. Hubby and I recently bought a 20' used RV. We took our first trip last week and loved it. We already have our next trip planned for the Middle of Sept. My church had a Knitting Ministry so I spend a lot of time making hats, baby things and shawls.
  • I'd like to join too!

I am 26 years old, married with an almost 5 year old little boy. I originally started my weight loss journey in January 2009 after having my son (I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy). I lost the baby weight and got down to 155. I kept it off for about a year and then started slowly putting the weight back on over the last couple of years.

I recently reached my highest ever weight of 195 (not including when I was pregnant) and decided on 6/1/13 that I need to get serious and do something about it. I am a calorie counter and have been losing slowly, about 8 lbs in 13 weeks so I recently lowered my calories in hopes of speeding up my losses.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 1 lb/week for a total of 8 lbs putting me back in the 170's.

SW: 187.5
    GW: 179.5

Good luck everyone!!
  • Hi!
    I would love to join in Bit of background: Prior to pregnancy I weighed 250, gained 28 lbs during pregnancy, lost baby weight quickly after birth but then began to retain obscene amounts of water. In 3 months I gained 70+ lbs and now weigh much more than I did when I was actually pregnant. With the help of a doctor, I am finally getting my thyroid back under control. Now that I have started feeling a bit better, I have decided it is time to start making an effort to lose weight again.

I am going to aim for 7% of my body weight, which is 22 lbs. (Though I am secretly hoping this water comes off as quickly as it jumped on.)

I will weigh in on Sunday!
  • I'll join this challenge as well! Going for goal... Seems like a lot to lose but I did really bad this past week so most of my recent gain should be water weight. Will weigh in every Sunday.

Start: 122 on 1 Sep
    Goal: 99 by 1 Nov
  • Weighed in today. Starting weight 153.4

Goal - lose 10 pounds
  • Hello

I am new here, joined on the 28th of August

On July 8 I went to the doctor because my right knee went out on me, I was barely hopping around. My weigh in there was 279. I was told that most of my medical problems were weight related. He said if I got it off my type 2 diabetes would be gone. He told me to lose 10% of my weight, 28 lbs. My weigh in this morning is with clothes off, so my weight loss so far has only been 19 lbs for the past 48 days.

I am joining this challenge. My weight is now 256 as of this morning. The 7% recommended weight loss (17 lbs) sounds a bit strong for a month but I will make that my goal.

I am 72 and with bad knees and arthritis in my joints exercising has to be done on a very limited scale, otherwise the 17 lbs would be a lot easier.

Wishing all the best

B F R

(big fat rooster)
  • Big Fat Rooster, 19 lbs in 48 days in a LOT. You should never say "only 19 lbs" instead say "impressive 19 lbs"!!!

The fall challenge lasts until Halloween so it is 2 months. So the 17 lbs will be over 2 months. It is still a strong goal but much more doable. Of course a woman who can lose 19 lbs in 48 days can do whatever she puts her mind to.
  • Good morning all, our challenge has started! Yay! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I can hardly believe it is already September!

My weigh in days are Tuesday and Fridays, and part of my challenge will be to stay off the scale other than those 2 morning weigh-ins. I'll keep my last Friday weigh-in weight of 149.6 as my official weigh-in for the challenge.

Big Fat Rooster: I have a bad back and hip and I'm finding that taking the pounds off is significantly lowering my chronic pain. That alone is well worth the effort this journey takes! I hope you will get the same benefit! And I agree with Stay Puft, 19 pounds is very impressive!
  • Weighed in this morning: 311.4
    Goal: 289
  • I enjoy challenges...so I will put my name in this hat too! I'm 55 years young. I was generally at a normal weight until I reached my 40's. I then gradually put on a few pounds, such that I was about 5-15 pounds overweight. When I reached 50 and hit menopause, my weight climbed and climbed until it finally hit 190. I decided enough was enough. I started my weight loss journey on March 11, 2013...the same day I quit smoking. I've since lost over 40 lbs and remain smoke free. I feel and look 10 years younger and I'm soooo happy!

This morning, I weighed 148. The end of October is about 8 weeks away, but I'll be on vacation in Europe for 2 weeks in September. During those weeks, I hope to maintain, which gives me 6 weeks to lose. So, I shall shoot for a 10 lb loss, which is a little less than 2 lbs per week. In addition, 10 lbs approximates 7% of my current weight, and a 10 lb loss would put me at 138 lbs, solidly in the 130's. I love aiming for a new decade!

My official weigh in day is Monday. I will use today's weight as my starting weight, and will report in every Monday, beginning on Sep 9th.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you!

SW: 148.00
    GW: 138.00
  • Quote: The end of October is about 8 weeks away, but I'll be on vacation in Europe for 2 weeks in September.
    Where in Europe are you going -- jealous! Two years ago we were in Italy for 3 weeks and loved it! I'm surprised they had any bread or wine left by the time I got done with them. I'm dying to go back, and also wishing we'd slipped into France while we were there...
  • I am so happy we have so many great people joining our challenge! The 7 % is a basic guideline. Remember this is a 2 month old challenge. Aprox 60 days. I will post the weekly weights on Tuesday. So whatever weights posted will be included in the weekly running. Good luck to everyone.
  • Here is mine
    sw-236.5
    Goal 220 (16.5 pounds)
    I weigh in on Mondays.
    I eat clean non processed and do calorie count as well. I work out 3 times a week at a gym and walk most every day except sundays. I work Saturday and sun 12 hour nights.
  • Quote: Where in Europe are you going -- jealous! Two years ago we were in Italy for 3 weeks and loved it! I'm surprised they had any bread or wine left by the time I got done with them. I'm dying to go back, and also wishing we'd slipped into France while we were there...
    I will be in Italy for 5 days and in the U.K. the rest of the time. My daughter lives in the U.K. She's currently doing her PhD at Oxford. She's getting married next year and the wedding will be in Siena, Italy. So, we're going to Italy to do wedding planning, plus we'll be in London shopping for wedding dresses. I can't wait!!

Part of our wedding planning involves meeting with the caterer, who will be making all sorts of "tasting" dishes, so we can taste things in advance in order to pick our menu. I have a feeling I won't be on plan that day. I love Italian food!
  • Okay...I chose Sunday night because it is my highest weight day. My weight loss is only as good as my highs.

SW: 196
    CW: 199
    GW: 180