How often do you weigh?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • After I weighed today at the gym and was down 3 pounds over the last time I weighed at the gym, I though, okay, this is enough of weighing more than one time a week. Since my DH is now going to the gym with me, he said if he saw me going toward the bathroom (where the scale is), he'd come in and get me! So, I have some support regarding not weighing.

I'm trying not to think of those three pounds I may be down because that would mean I would have met my July 4 goal. But a lot can happen between now and my official weigh-in day on Friday. The scale could be off, I could have a water weight gain, I could eat too much salt, etc., etc. One thing Iwon't do is go off program so at least I know I'm eating right.

I WILL NOT weigh at the gym, I WILL NOT weigh at the gym. . .
  • Shelia, you make me laugh!

You're right though, weigh one place and one place only. I'd even reduce it to once a week.

I do weigh at the gym because if I want to know how much I weigh, I have to go to the gym!
  • I weigh in once a week, if that.

You have to understand, I've been on one diet or another on & off since I was 9 or 10. The question, "How much do you weigh" is still not one that is answered nicely by me, never has been.

I get weighed every time I go to the dr's, which w/my polycystic kidneys & HBP is quite often. The scale I use for weigh-ins belongs to my best friend, and I weigh @ her house, mostly around or after dinner, when we are just hanging out. No matter what, the scale @ the doctor's office is always a good 10 pounds more than what I weighed the night before. But what can you do? I go by the one I'm on most often.

We also have one here @ work in the bathroom, I've only been on it once or twice. It is fifteen pounds heavier than the one @ my friend's house. I won't get on that one again for awhile.

I tend to stay away from the scale when I've had a bad week, too. But my jeans always let me know what kind of week I am having when I put them on for Casual Friday.