Started Yesterday, is this eating plan ok?

• On my diet. I was ill yesterday, so slept much of the day anyway (oops!)

This is my plan for today's food though (I'm a vegetarian). Does it sound ok?

Breakfast: Protein Shake
    Snack: Hummus & Vegetables
    Lunch: Salad
    Snack: Rice Cakes with brushetta topping
    Dinner: veggie chilli with quinoa and fruit for dessert.
    Drink: Green Tea, water

My protein shake is just something I make myself. It's:
    • Bananas
    • Honey
    • Greek Yogurt
    • Skimmed Milk
    • Almond Butter
    • Chia Seeds
    • Ground Flax seeds
    • Cinnamon
  • Sounds very healthy to me! Just make sure it adds up to be enough calories. You might not even be hitting 1000!

• There's 600 calories (ish) in my morning shake. It's high calories, but high protein too (28 grams in each glass) so keeps me fuller for longer.

You're right, I do need to count up how many calories are in everything else to make sure I'm getting enough.
  • sounds good to me, too. i've never thought of putting bruschetta topping on rice cakes, that's a pretty good idea...it might make them tolerable! (i personally can't stand a rice cake)
  • Quote: sounds good to me, too. i've never thought of putting bruschetta topping on rice cakes, that's a pretty good idea...it might make them tolerable! (i personally can't stand a rice cake)
    I love brushetta and would eat it all day if I could. I figured this was an easy way to eat it without so many calories and carbs.

You can get corn thins too, some people prefer those to rice cakes.
  • My only advice would be to keep an eye on things like the type and amount of dressing you put on your salad, how much and what type of veggies and hummus, etc. It's always the little details that make things tricky

Looks like a good plan though
  • Seems pretty solid, just make sure this is something you feel comfortable sticking with for the rest of your life I personally don't believe in making a single lifestyle change unless its one you plan on maintaining for your entire life. Keep up the good work!
  • So what I ACTUALLY ate today was....

Breakfast: Protein Shake
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: Salad from Cheesecake factory. Waaay too much dressing!
    Snack: Rice Cakes and celery with hummus.
    Dinner: veggie chilli with quinoa and fruit for dessert.
    Drink: Green Tea, water and one diet coke.

So I think it went well today. Hubby was the one that kickstarted us getting healthy and losing weight this time and earlier when we went to the store he was putting chocolate and chips in the basket When I asked why, he said they weren't so bad so I asked him what the label on the chocolate said said 19g of sugar and 12g of fat I told him we should probably read the labels more.
  • You can get protein powder thats like 130-180 cals for 30grams of protein. I have one from walmart, 160 cal 30 grams and if i know imma have a rough work out i blend in a banana for more carbs. Otherwise i wouldnt bother with the shake at all unless youre on the go.

veto the expensive shake and use those calories for filling carbs and lean protein.