I'm stuck!

• Hi everyone. I'm new here. My mom and sister are sick of hearing me complain about my weight so hopefully this will be a better outlet for me. I'm 27 and I've always been overweight. I have very little confidence and my depression has been bad lately. I recently went through a breakup after two years and am very lonely. But most weekends I refuse to go out and socialize because my confidence is so low, and I just wait until Monday so I can go back to work. I can't believe this is how I am spending my twenties. Recently my sister said "before you know it you'll be a bag of bones, so just enjoy your life!". That really stuck with me. I don't want to waste any more time being unhappy. I need help figuring out how to love myself again so I can get out there and meet people. I have been trying to diet and work out more. I was doing great for a few weeks, then I just stopped. This is what always happens to me. I sabotage my progress somehow. I have been eating terribly for two weeks and I can't find the motivation to get back into my diet. I need a push. HELP!
  • i am totally in the same boat... been yoyo-ing all my life. let's motivate each other...

• Quote: i am totally in the same boat... been yoyo-ing all my life. let's motivate each other...
    Yes! I could use a buddy. Thanks Cherry!
  • Big !!

This is a WONDERFUL forum! I have been enjoying reading old posts. I am finding them helpful and motivational. I have found that everyone here is very friendly and supportive. It's nice to find others that are going through similar struggles.

I am so sorry that things did not work out with your relationship. Down the road you will see that it is their loss and that you are much better off without them.

You deserve to better yourself. You deserve to get yourself healthier. It's time to be selfish and take care of you. I have a very hard time doing things for me. I realized that I was only getting older (42) and my weight most likely was only going to keep going up. It's okay to be selfish sometimes.

You CAN do this!! Go kick butt!!
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!