Surgery is done, so, hopefully, for the last time...

• GOAL!

I'm calling 180 goal for now!

This will be a short post with basic details, and will get a detailed account, supplemented with information from my mom and stepdad up sometime Monday.

On Wednesday, June 5th, I weighed 188 pounds. On Thursday morning I went in for surgery. My surgeon did a tummy tuck and a breast lift, and took off 8+ pounds of skin off my stomach, plus a little off my sides/sides of breasts. I was taken back around 8:30am and out around 4ish. I was awake and talking the doctors/nurses ears off minutes after being woken up! lol

I spent the night and got a shot of Demerol every 4-4.5 hours (which hurt!) but made my pain level ZERO! I was very thirsty for DAYS after and eating was difficult.

I went home Friday morning (9am?) and slept on and off all day. I was able to get up and walk around bits at a time, and then would drift off to sleep. With my drains I chose not to shower, but instead, enlist my mom (a nurse) to give me bed baths with cleaning wipes and dry shampoo. I am so glad she came down, because there would have been NO POSSIBLE way I could have properly cared for my incisions, even now, by myself. Friday afternoon, I switched to Demerol in a pill form every 6 hours, and as of today, Friday 1 week later, I am only taking it every 12 hours. I plan to be completely off it, and just take Tylenol starting Wednesday - Thursday of next week.

I am on major restriction still. I can freely roam my apartment. I can walk short distances ( like if a restaurant has good parking, I don't have to be dropped off at the door). I am only allowed to go to stores that have wheelchairs/electric carts.

I have been in Target twice (I love the carts!) and out to eat twice! I am so glad my mom is cool with that, cuz I needed out for a bit! Today, I got in a "cart accident" with a pole trying to do a U-turn in the store! lol

This morning I weighed myself and I was 180.0! I still have swelling, and I weighed after I ate breakfast. Also, the pain meds back you up, so I suspect if I don't go crazy with the food, I'll be around 170-175 by the end of the summer. But for now, I'm calling 180 goal, and going to let my body lead. I will weigh myself everyday, but not worry TOO MUCH about the number. Just enough to keep me in check, and follow what I look like.

More details and pictures to follow!

Chris

• Congratulations!!! I'm glad it went so well.
  • Congrats! Glad your surgery was a success!!!!!!!
    Can't wait for pics!
  • So happy everything is going as planned! Congratulations on reaching Goal
    Hope you bounce back soon!

When you are up to it ...I hope you will post more info .

Take care of yourself and enjoy ....What a wonderful gift you gave yourself

Good Luck ,Roo2
  • I am so happy for you! I have met with a plastic surgeon myself and will meet with about 5 more before I make my decision. I have a feeling it will come down to 2 favorites I have from looking at their before/after pics.

Keep us posted on your recovery and I would love to see before/after pics if you are comfortable sharing
  • Woo hoo!! Like everyone else, can't wait for pics! I'd even like to see pics of the swollen version just to see what the whole process is really like!
  • CONGRATULATIONS, CHRIS! THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
  • Congratulations ! I am happy everything went well for you !
  • Congratulations on making goal! So happy for you!
  • **bump**

Added a picture! It is not the most flattering picture ever, but it is my first horizontally striped dress that LOOKS GOOD EVER!

Promise I'll have a good post tomorrow! Just getting back to normal this afternoon!
  • Congratulations on making goal. I am on major restriction still. I can freely roam my apartment. I can walk short distances ( like if a restaurant has good parking, I don't have to be dropped off at the door). I am only allowed to go to stores that have wheelchairs/electric carts.

.................................................. ...................
    jhonharry
  • I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted! So happy for you! Congratulations!
  • Thank you everyone! And now for what everyone has been waiting for.... My surgery post! --> My Surgery Story It's long, but it's good!

Chris
  • Congratulations!