Another bathing suit thread

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ah yes, another bathing suit thread!

bought this over the weekend, but now I'm not sure and it was a little pricey (well for a cheapo like me it was pricey!). What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

Please be honest, I can still take it back!

• YAY all the way !!!
  • I love it!!! That belt is so flattering on you (it would get stuck under my rolls if I tried that). You look so pretty, I say keep it!!
  • I'm sorry but I think the style is too busy for you. I think that you are lost in the colors, the neckline is too square shaped and that the belt is placed too low for your body type.

Sorry.

Does it help that I've thought for a long time that you are a beautiful lady? I just don't think this bathing suit flatters your looks.
  • I think you look for sporty and it reminds me of hawaii. It flatters you, in my opinion and I would never take it back! You rock that bathing suit!!!
  • I love it too... Is it a two piece? Or is one? I couldn't really tell from the photo because I've seen suits like that look like a two piece, but really are a one piece...

I have been agonizing over trying to find a swimsuit... And I almost bought one yesterday.... But I just couldn't bring myself to splurge on it because I haven't reached my goal yet for this summer... But I really want a two piece... With a matching cover-up...

Anyway... I really like the colors and I really like that detail between the black bottom and the top...
  • Sorry, I vote thumbs down too busy and the belt looks old fashioned. I would go for a solid color.
  • Quote: Sorry, I vote thumbs down too busy and the belt looks old fashioned. I would go for a solid color.
    Actually I was at Bergdorf's looking at swim wear and talking with one of the stylist's and a few of the personal shoppers there.... And there were quite a few suits that had belts and buckles and even that sort of detail around the neck line... Very 1960's and 1970's glamor going on this season from what I was seeing...
  • Quote: Actually I was at Bergdorf's looking at swim wear and talking with one of the stylist's and a few of the personal shoppers there.... And there were quite a few suits that had belts and buckles and even that sort of detail around the neck line... Very 1960's and 1970's glamor going on this season from what I was seeing...
    Re: Beits , I was thinking more of the Roaring Twenties. No, I don't remember them personally !
  • I have a couple bikinis - I was looking for something a bit more "sporty" looking - and something I could wear for playing volleyball or something like that.

It is a 2 piece, TripSwitch!

Looks like mixed opinions, but I will say as far as it being too "busy" - well, that's me in a nutshell - no matter what you'll never catch me in a plain one color suit
  • That looks great! Me on the other hand...haha. I am so scared to wear a bathing suit this summer.
  • I think a solid red or blue suit would look great on you. Not crazy about the print on that one, and the belt isn't really flattering, sorry.
  • I looked at the picture again after reading all the pros and cons. I still love it. And I wish I could pull off something that fun and casual looking!
  • I don't like those colors on you. I'm sorry
  • I thought it was a two piece... But I wasn't sure... Because I've been looking at so many swimsuits that my head has been "swimming" (sorry for the really bad pun...lol...)