Baby Boomers

• Baby boomers are a group unto themselves - we remember what we were doing when Kennedy was shot, know what a Chatty Cathy is, wore dresses in grade school since pants weren't allowed, watched the Beatles debut on the Ed Sullivan Show, and wore nylons with a garter belt before pantyhose were even thought of.

No matter what our weight loss method, we will always have the Boomer years in common.

I am Jana, a 49 yo mother to 3 - 2 of which are grown and gone. I haven't worked outside the home for quite awhile, and spent the last 2 years caring for my mil who has Alzheimer's. She recently was placed in a nursing home.

I have lots of weight to lose, am doing WW, drink lots of water, and for exercise, I do the Walk Away the Pounds dvd.

Would you like to join in for daily chat and to support each other through the weight loss journey?

Toodles,
    Jana
  • Hi Jana, Oh my goodness, I sure remember all those things! Know why there are so many teen pregnancies now, 'cause they don't wear girdles and have enough time to re-think the situation before taking them off! Let's see, boys actually came to the door to pick you up for a date, when you were in the car after a date and the porch light came on, you better get inside quick; Parents would never let you spend the night with anyone that they didn't know their parents; Just because some other kid got to do something didn't mean that you could; was lucky if you got to take the car out once on the weekend; if the teacher called you would get in major trouble when you got home; not only would your parents smack you for backtalking but any adult handy would; had to always br respectful of our elders; this is fun!
    Gym Suits! LOL Film on child birth, home Ec, manual typewriters

I'm thinking of more!
  • SEMO - I think of all the things you mentioned, I miss girdles and manual typewriters the least!!
  • Jana, you're more than welcome to join us in the "Doing our own thing - June" There are several of us that are in our 50's and some younger that we have adobted as our "girls". Stop in and introduce youself.

~Semo
  • Hi Semo - thanks for the invitation to join you, but I live in the country and the ISP I have to use is a slooooowww one. Your threads get way too long for me to bring up, since you put a whole month on each one. I tried it before when you were Booty Camp... But thanks anyway!
  • The Beatles I was in love and Liverpool was a magical place Hi Nana. Guess I'm one of the oldest of the BB"s . I'm 56 so does that give me any seniority or perks? I was chubby then and I don't think peers are any kinder now to thier overweight friends.

Talk later

sandylynn
  • Hi boomers:

If you snapped your garter did you keep your stocking up with a penny rolled under? How about empire dresses & baby-doll PJ's.

Sound kind of gross now, but I we use to wash our hair a few days before dances so it would puff up & hold the style.

Loved the Beatles, as well as the Monkeys (seen them in person).

Also boys walking you home from school (most kids don't walk anywhere anymore).

Have a great day.
  • Hi Jana! Just saw this thread and you know me, have to get my two cents in

How about Beatles trading cards (Mine would be worth a fortune now if I still had them), Tiger Beat magazine (I always bought one with my babysitting money!), saddleshoes (I hated them!), Tonette home permanents (made my hair a mess every time!), Ipana toothpaste, Tom Jones show and Man from Uncle. Boy could I go on and on! What fun remembering or in my case trying to remember!

Faye