Finally found my little black dress!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So, wearing dresses is a pretty new thing for me. In grad school, pretty clothes were the last thing on my mind, but now I've been slowing adding them to my wardrobe, especially as I've gone through the last 10 lbs. I've found a couple flowy, flowery dresses that I love, and a casual maxi dress, but that "little black dress" has been harder to find. Especially since I wanted it to be kinda sexy

But shopping yesterday, I finally found it and I just had to share. The pictures below are pretty good, but I don't really think capture how awesome the dress was. It kinda broke my brain. I've gotten some of my work clothes at this White House, Black Market store over the last year and the sales women who was helping me knew that I had lost a lot of weight, so she very kindly freaked out a bit with me (which just made find it even better). The dress was expensive, but I got it anyway

Hehe, I've been seeing this guy for about a month (lol, I even posted here asking for advise about paying on a first date), and now I hope we go somewhere fancy at some point so I'll have a reason to wear it.

• Wow!
  • IanG, thanks, that actually means a lot
  • You look gorgeous!!! I would have bought it too! You'll definitely have another date after wearing that! Congrats on your amazing weightloss, what an inspiration!!!
  • Gorgeous dress! You look wonderful.
  • Wow! You look amazing.
  • Work it girl!!
  • Wow, I've got to rush off to work, but just wanted to say thanks guys. It means so much to me that I have somewhere I can share things like this
  • Dang, girl! You look amazing! Great dress too =)
  • You look great! And, you're so tiny! Just curious. What size is that dress?
  • AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Simply GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
  • Thanks everyone

Quote:
    You look great! And, you're so tiny! Just curious. What size is that dress?
    AwShucks, that's a size 2 dress White House, Black Market's stuff runs a bit big I think, but I'm generally wearing a size 4 dress, or a 2 in some brands.
  • That looks absolutely stunning on you! I think you better be careful cuz you're going to cause some car accidents when you walk down the street!
  • You look amazing!!!! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • I love WHBM- and you look amazing.