Floppy thread made me think...

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • ...about sex drive.

And, if I am being honest, with weight loss mine is down.

Is yours up or down?
  • Mine goes up when I lose.
  • Way down. That's very normal for most people, the process of being in energy deficit long term suppresses things like androgens (and rebalances them more normally, for many of us who were estrogen dominant as often happens with obesity). Non-essential bodiy functions tend o get down-regulated when food is scarce or stress is high, which is exactly what larger, longer weight loss does. When you hit maintenance calories the situation should improve dramatically.
  • I find exercise gives me the same high as well. So that is weird.
  • UP! But I think that mostly just because I feel better about myself.
  • Like a boy going through puberty! It's craaaaazy.
  • So far, there's a lot of up and some down.
  • Quote: UP! But I think that mostly just because I feel better about myself.
    This!
  • Mine hasn't really changed. Although my attitude towards "doing more work", has gone up. Haha
  • Hmm. Looks like I'm in the minority.
  • Up, mostly due to confidence. But we are not frequent flyers, and never have been.
  • It would probably be up cuz i am feeling better about myself but my marriage isnt like that for me at this point and time so, oh well.
  • Had I been given the choice, it would be up, as I'm feeling better about myself which is a major factor for most women as I understand.

It makes sense that guys who need to put in more energy (well, usually) are not feeling very much up to it when they're in a deficit.

As things are with our twins though, it's all very theoretical discussion. On the plus side, they're a perfect contraception.
  • Quote:
    As things are with our twins though, it's all very theoretical discussion. On the plus side, they're a perfect contraception.
    lmfao!!!!!!!!

My twin 2-year old boys are breaking my house down. The house I made nice!

And they wake up at 7.30am EVERY DAY. Regardless of when they or I go to bed. EVERY FRICKING DAY!

Saturday? Tired? 7.30am they're up! OUCH!

Ever tried sex before 7am on the weekend? I haven't. I couldn't!

• Mine's down, cause I put all my energy into excercising and get a high from that. Also I am at quite a calorie deficit so I'd either be jumping up and down on the bed (not having sex) high off coffee and exercising, or I'd be asleep!