May Exercise!

• Hi, I would like to make a continuing thread of April's Exercise Thread. Let's post what we do for exercise!

May 1 (today) - I took about a 30 minute walk, it was scenic and relaxing. I plan on walking tomorrow too!

I can't remember who said they have the underwater iPod, but what is it like? I am thinking of using one for swimming...

Happy exercising, everyone! I hope you are all well!
  • Goal: 600 min (revising number due to surgery)
    Mins so far: 557

1 - 60 min run/walk
    2 - off
    3 - 64 min spin
    4 - 64 min run/walk

5 - off
    6 - 64 min spin before surgery
    7 - off (recovering)
    8 - off
    9 - off
    10 - off
    11 - off

12 - off
    13 - off
    14 - off
    15 - off
    16 - 35 min walking/elliptical
    17 -off
    18 - 45 min cardio

19 - off
    20 - off
    21 - off
    22 - 45 min cardio
    23 - 45 min cardio
    24 - off
    25 - 45 min cardio

26 - off
    27 - off
    28 - off
    29 - 45 min cardio
    30 - 45 min cardio
  • Thanks, Seabiscuit!

1. 1000 Calorie Workout; 30 min. cardio, 30 minutes strength, 12 min. abs.
    2. Annie Mair's Cardio Force, 50 min. lightly weighted cardio and abs.
    3. 30 minutes low impact (but high sweat!) cardio, http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exer...io-Workout/fa/
    4. light workout, 20 min. cardio
    5. Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism; 50 min., 9 minutes abs.
    6. 30 min. cardio, 30 min. strength, 10 min. abs.
    7. 32 minutes cardio
    8. Gilad's Step and Tone (30 min. lightly weighted cardio) 15 min. legs/butt;10 min. abs.
    9. Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, 50 minutes.
    10. no workout
    11. no workout
    12. Cardio Force (50 min. lightly weighted step cardio)
    13. 35 minutes of cardio, from a fitnessblender.com workout
  • Hi there, I am glad that people are benefiting from the restart of this thread.

For me, today- I walked about 50-60 mins! I am tired now but I feel great having done it I think I would rather take walks and swim instead of keeping 'vegging' out on the couch not making any progress. I can't wait 'til I can swim, which should be in a few days...

Be well
  • Great job on keeping up the physical activity Vermontmom & Seabiscuit!

1st-P90X
    2nd-Sick...no w/o
    3rd-1 hr bike ride
  • Thanks Lecomtes,

Are you exercising at all? I find it makes me feel better after I do it. At least I can say that about the exercises that I do like, which are swimming and walking.

I found your post very interesting about the NY Times article and will probably reply to it soon, thank you for that! I am a New Yorker at heart even though I don't live there now, lived there for most of my life and I love NYC, the Times is a good paper. I think that was a particularly interesting article and I appreciate you sharing it!

I may go for another walk soon, back to exercise to get these pounds off!!
  • I'm really trying to stay active every day. Usually by walking with intermittent spurts of jogging. I find it really helps lift my spirits, but there is something about just getting started that is challenging.
    Walking and swimming are my favorites too. And riding my bike.
    I'm glad you found the article interesting, confidence is a subject that is really interesting to me...plus I really like the Times. I'm really interested in knowing how other people who battle their weight feel about their own self-confidence.
  • I just got back from a walk and it was great. I feel a little tired now but I feel so much better having walked than not. I need to exercise more and I may go swim tomorrow!! It would be a good idea for me to bike more too instead of having my bike just sit in my bedroom.

I like the NY Times, I think it is a good paper. When I get a moment and if I remember, I will reply to your thread. Confidence and self esteem are very important. Self love is too! I am working on being gentler with myself and hopefully when I do that, some of the others will continue to come with time.

So, for today, Saturday, I went for two walks and swam! Swimming felt so awesome I love to swim. I am taking some swim lessons soon too and am really looking forward to that!

Tomorrow's plan is more walks and then I want to get to the pool again by Tuesday at the latest.

Have a good night everyone...
  • I've been remiss about exercising this month so far so I will start with today.

10- Walked 20 minutes, some weight training, very tired today.
    11- Walked between .5 and .75 of a mile today. Feel very good.
    12-
    13-
    14-
    15-
    16-
    17-
    18-
    19-
    20-
    21-
    22-
    23-
    23-
    24-
    25-
    26-
    27-
    28-
    29-
  • Great job everyone!

It's good to see you Ohio I should do some weight training too.

Today, I went swimming, mainly laps, which felt SOO great!! I swam for about 40 minutes

I also walked for about 30 minutes.

I had my swim lesson today and I really enjoyed it! It was fun and some of it was quite challenging too, in a positive way! I also took some more walks Tuesday.

I hope everyone is having a good week!