Need a Good Online Translation Tool

• Does anyone out there know of a good online translation tool? I'm using Babylon online and it's really hit or miss on the words. Specifically I'm translating Czechoslovakian to English.

Even better, does anyone on here speak Czech?

Thanks!
  • Don't! As someone who is somewhat bilingual, I find them to be very jumbled.

Use this forum
    http://forum.wordreference.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96
  • wow that seems to be entirely written in czech!! google translated the page for me though LOL

im translating some old obituaries for my family history and i have a very basic understanding of Czech....for example i know that "syn" means son and when i see names that I KNOW are the sons of the deceased..."X-Y-Z, synove" and babylon translates that as "cousins" ...i KNOW that the word synove means sons or something similar, because i know those names are his children....
  • It is mostly! But it is used bilingual English-Czech, and someone can overview for you if it's a very important part
  • Why not just use Google Translate?
  • Quote: Why not just use Google Translate?
    I switched over to google translate after using babylon for awhile...it seems to at least be more accurate than babylon...for example babylon was translating a word as "Tuesday" when google translated as "daughter in law" which seems more accurate for a list of the deceased's relatives

some words are still not being translated at all, but that may be more of a generation gap(?) or something because i'm translating phrases written in the early 1900s-mid 1900s. And some of the phrases may be more "local tongue" words or regional variations and not picked up on by an "official" translator.

However between babylon and google i was able to translate enough of it that i can understand what's being said
  • ahoj, I wish I could help, I know a few words of Slovakian from working with some great young people that come to Vt. every year to work But I can't spell the words, only pronounce them. So I'm no help at all but your post made me think of my overseas friends
    cau!