Egg Donor

• Has anyone on here become one? I just started the process with my local clinic and with a couple of the premium agencies. I'm interested in talking with some girls who have gone through it and have some insight. Or women that have used egg donors before!
  • They are fantastic human beings and that is all I am willing to say.
  • I haven't been an egg donor before, though I considered it. I think it's an AMAZING gift that you're giving to someone, though, and wish you the best of luck!!
  • My sister just donated last month for the first time. She's already looking into doing it again, she had a great experience. Feel free to pm me or ask anything here. I'm sure she would be happy to email you directly, if you're interested.
  • A good friend of mine has done it twice. She had very positive experiences iwth it.
  • I wanted to do it when I was about 20 years old but my best friend talked me out of it by telling me all of the bad things the hormones will do to my body. I wish I had not listened to her.

From what I've read with my local clinics is that it's a very time consuming process so I haven't looked into it too hard the last few years because I work full time. I will be out of the job in September so I want to try to be a donor then. I have a feeling that I will be rejected (I don't know my paternal medical history and I have a birth defect in my upper lip even though it's not genetic) but I would still like to try.
  • I applied about a year ago when I was 160lbs. and was turned down due to my weight. It seemed pretty silly to me as I had a 30" waist and was wearing a size 10! That really soured me on the whole process.