Advice after a slip-up please

• Well last night the carbs were calling and I ate way too much, totally off-program. I got up and right back on today, which is an improvement for me--in the past I would use that as an excuse to keep up the food fest. I guess it is all the $$ I have paid for MRC that makes me want to make the most of this time.

So any advice for "the day after"? I know water, water, but any other tips? I don't think I should skip any foods but I weigh on Monday and I want another good one.

And boy, I had a carb hangover I think, I felt like I had been drinking last night. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • It's weird to know I spent years always feeling like crap, but not really realizing it.

Yeah, when we really start paying attention it is kind of amazing.
  • Hi Monkeysocks - I'm in the same boat. I had a carb/sugar rich restaurant meal Thursday night and boy did I pay for it for 2 days after! I had the worst food coma hangover.... my body was not happy with me! I got right back on plan Friday and to be honest I have been struggling with the dreaded cravings I had finally gotten rid of! I agree with JEZ , for years I thought it was normal to eat and have stomach pain and cramping after. What a wake up call this diet has been! I never knew eating wasn't supposed to hurt and this past Thursday reminded me how much better healthy eating is. So, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and jump back in. You will feel better, I promise!

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]
  • I had a similar problem. I was a bridesmaid this weekend and was fed some pretty unhealthy meals. I did my best to skip the breads and eat all the veggies, but I can promise there were three meals in a row that were totally off plan. I weight in today after a 1lb gain last week (I'm pretty sure it was TOM weight because I felt SUPER bloated the day of the weigh in) and hope to do better today. It's good that you were able to start fresh this morning!
  • Maybe a Meta-Quick menu for a day or two would help with the temporary gain from a carb splurge. I get really sleepy from overdoing carbs.
  • Water, lots of water. It helps with the bloating. Maybe a nice workout session too? Have you guys tried the fat and carb blockers for those events/dinners when you can't control the meal? I think they work but they don't help the carb hangover.