Choc Drink mix question!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all...
    I am re-starting IP tomorrow (yipee)! and was getting all my products dusted off and organized again. Somehow I noticed on the directions for the Chocolate Drink Mix packets that it says to heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes after shaking. Really??? I have had DOZENS of these and never ever noticed that part of the directions! What does heating do to it? Dissolve better? Taste better? Jeepers! LOL
    Thanks!
  • Heating makes it taste like hot chocolate. HOWEVER...I would not heat it for 2 minutes as it will foam up and run all over your microwave. I heat it for 20 seconds at a time and do it 3 times. That makes mine just about perfectly hot. Some people just take hot water and stir the mix in to make it.
  • A nice 3fc'r steered me in the right direction for the best results. Mix your powder with a bit of hot water and a spoon. Make kind of a paste with it. Once you've got all the lumps out, add a little bit a really hot water and mix until you have your preferred strength of hot cocoa. Works every time!
  • So....you ONLY heat it if you want hot chocolate? I always added icy cold water to mine and it tasted more like chocolate milk. Guess that makes sense!
  • Quote: Hi all...
    I am re-starting IP tomorrow (yipee)! and was getting all my products dusted off and organized again. Somehow I noticed on the directions for the Chocolate Drink Mix packets that it says to heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes after shaking. Really??? I have had DOZENS of these and never ever noticed that part of the directions! What does heating do to it? Dissolve better? Taste better? Jeepers! LOL
    Thanks!
    Good luck iwiggy58!
    I'm rebooting tomorrow too
  • It tastes wonderful as hot chocolate! I pretty much drink this every night!
  • The choc. drink is good hot or cold. I shake it up cold and just heat in the microwave for 1 min. (in a mug), if I want the hot choc. taste.
    Good luck with your re-start!
  • good luck to you too foreveryoung!! I am nervous, yet exited!
  • I never noticed those directions before, but it does say that. Weird! I've done mine both cold, and hot. Delicious either way!!!
  • My favorite is to make it in the blender with 4 oz water and ice and a tablespoon of WF carmel sauce. So yummy I have it almost everyday!!
  • Quote: good luck to you too foreveryoung!! I am nervous, yet exited!
    Thank you iwiggy58!
    Let's check on each other tomorrow
    Good luck to us, we'll do this
  • What's really good is a dash of peppermint extract 1/8-1/4 depending how pepperminty you like it.. Very onomonom lol minty hot chocolate.
  • 12 oz of cold water, 4 ice cubes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of baby spinach and either a packet of Splenda or a Tablespoon of Divinci SF Chocolate Syrup. I put this in a blender every morning and it takes care of my breakfast, salt, and 1 cup of veggies. Can't even taste the spinach, yes you can see it but its a great chocolate shake in the am.
  • Anyone know if there is caffeine in the choc and cappucino drinks?
    Thinking there may be, I just cant sleep well as it is, ugh, LOL!!
    If so I will keep these for the a.m.
    thanks,
    D
  • I know the capucchino is decaf, not sure about the chocolate.