FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Welcome GOING2BE! This is a great motivational and supportive site!
  • I found a low calorie chicken taco crock pot recipe.. I started the timer for the crock pot before I went to work.. thought about it all day long.. couldn't wait for dinner.. got home and... I FORGOT TO SET THE TIMER RIGHT! So it sat there all day and didn't cook...

Disappointment
  • Thanks, Dangerous

I need all the support I can get!

• JEZ:
    I sometimes buy a bag of cooked beef strips and freeze the bag (I think it is similar to the chicken version). I take out a serving portion from the freezer and cook it in the microwave. Then, I cook a bag of Steamfresh veggies in the microwave (usually veggies that are sited for a stir fry if you were stir frying). I've used different sauced to jazz it up. My favorite is a little Asian Sweet Hot Pepper sauce (reminds me of a sweet and sour sauce). I've tried a few other asian sauces and sometime have just used a little salad dressing

• Going2BeThatGirl:
    Welcome! Glad you are joining us at Camp!

It is great that you are taking charge of your health and fitness. You can do this for you, as well as your children and husband.

Munchey

• WE PRAY THAT DANGEROUS (AKA JOY) GETS THE JOB!

WE KNOW THAT SHE IS YOUR BEST BET AND THAT SHE WILL BRING JOY AND SKILL TO THE JOB!

• HEY CAMPERS:
    My food had been pretty good, but my knee problem has gotten worse. I can't get an appt. with my ortho doctor until 4-8-13, so I'm limping along. I finally had to put a support device on it and even got out a crutch to use. I was able to deal with the pain, but I'm having episodes with some popping action and then extreme pain (that brings tears to my eyes) and inability to put weight on it for awhile.

This is frustrating. We don't know how much we depend on our knees until we have a major problem. I'll have to be creative with exercise, because my walking is going to be limited for awhile.

SINDERELLY:
    So sorry to hear about the uncooked dinner - that sucks.

AMANDIE:
    Glad that snow is melting! Enjoy that Magic Bullet. I've got one tucked away in a cupboard. I need to put it into action and start making some smoothies. Congrats on the wt. loss!
  • Quote: YAY. I was just pushing Fitocracy the other day in here. Who are you on there? I'll follow!
    Edited to add: I'm Pinup

AKaminsk00 is my SN

I haven't done much on it, because we've been sick and in and out of town for the past few weeks! Can't wait to start using it more
  • That sucks, Sinderelly!! I would be SO disappointed too! What did you end up having instead? PS, care to share the recipe, please??

, Going2BeThatGirl!! So glad you joined us!

Joy- sending you a ton of positive thoughts and hopes that you get it!

Munchey- Love all your cartoons and posts especially the prayer one for Joy!

Jez- I just finally signed up for fitocracy- same username but I don't know if I will keep up with it since I don't work out much right now but I love the ideas of achievements and leveling up so hopefully that will be my motivation to keep up with workouts. Thanks for sharing the link!
  • I am going to try and make it again tomorrow. I asked my neighbor to check my crock pot for me when she goes home on lunch break to make sure it was on! ha I ended up having a bean burrito.. ugh. I made it with a wheat wrap and weight watchers cheese.

Here is the recipe
    1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 (16 oz) jar of salsa
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 can of corn
    1 can of low sodium black beans

Cook in crock pot 8-10 hours on low. Shred meat using forks, and serve on whole wheat tortillas with 2% cheddar cheese and non-fat refried beans.

I am putting mine on top of romaine lettuce and making it a salad for myself..I am making the tacos for my kids though.
    I will let you know how it turns out!

Munchey- I am so sorry to hear about your knee! Hopefully the Ortho is able to help relieve a lot of pain. I just turned 30 and have always had ridiculous knee troubles. I blame it on all the sports when I was younger. lol
  • Quote:
    HEY CAMPERS:
    My food had been pretty good, but my knee problem has gotten worse. I can't get an appt. with my ortho doctor until 4-8-13, so I'm limping along. I finally had to put a support device on it and even got out a crutch to use. I was able to deal with the pain, but I'm having episodes with some popping action and then extreme pain (that brings tears to my eyes) and inability to put weight on it for awhile.

This is frustrating. We don't know how much we depend on our knees until we have a major problem. I'll have to be creative with exercise, because my walking is going to be limited for awhile.
    Yikes!!! That sounds really painful! Please be careful with exercising, not worth injuring yourself further. Are you able to take anything for it like pills to maybe alleviate some of the pain?
  • Quote: I am going to try and make it again tomorrow. I asked my neighbor to check my crock pot for me when she goes home on lunch break to make sure it was on! ha I ended up having a bean burrito.. ugh. I made it with a wheat wrap and weight watchers cheese.

Here is the recipe
    1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 (16 oz) jar of salsa
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 can of corn
    1 can of low sodium black beans

Cook in crock pot 8-10 hours on low. Shred meat using forks, and serve on whole wheat tortillas with 2% cheddar cheese and non-fat refried beans.

I am putting mine on top of romaine lettuce and making it a salad for myself..I am making the tacos for my kids though.
    I will let you know how it turns out!

Munchey- I am so sorry to hear about your knee! Hopefully the Ortho is able to help relieve a lot of pain. I just turned 30 and have always had ridiculous knee troubles. I blame it on all the sports when I was younger. lol
    Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I will have to improvise on the taco seasoning and salsa since I unfortunately cannot have anything spicy nor tomatoes for a long time due to acid reflux (it was bound to happen, I have been eating hot and spicy food regularly since I was 3 years old.) Although I have to ask, won't the beans become mushy after a long time in the pot since they are already cooked? I don't have much experience with cooked beans in the crockpot.
  • Gmorning ladies-
    1st let me thank you for your prayers and happy thoughts! I talked to the manager yesterday and she told me that i have a job there! Its not the accounting position but thats ok since i didnt go there with the intention of getting that position i just want to get my foot in there, show them what i can do and go from there! Training will begin next week. I havent been able to get back to the gym but i have been getting my 2 mile walks in which my dogs are happy about!
    Munchey- sorry to hear about your knee, your in my prayers!

• HI CAMPERS

BEWARE OF THE EASTER CANDY!

This week is going by fast. Thanks to everyone for concern/support regarding my knee. The support wrap I put on my right knee is helping, plus I'm being very mindful of every step (like a little old lady, lol). I'm hoping that with the use of the support wrap that I might be able to resume my walking at the park soon.

Have a good day everyone!

SINDERELLY:
    Thanks for sharing the recipe. I eat a lot of boneless/skinless chicken and love salsa. I'll definitely give it a try.

DANGEROUS:
    Congrats on getting the job! You are right, getting in the door can lead to the job you really want. I'm betting that you will work your way to that job. Thanks for the prayers about my knee.

AMANDIE:
    Sorry to hear that you have knee problem as well. I have bouts with acid reflux as well, but I still eat the tomatoes and spicy foods. As I've gotten older, I like my food spicer and hotter. (maybe it is a new way to get some spice in my life, lol). With acid reflux, it really helps to NOT eat a couple of hours before bedtime and to have enough pillow support so that your head is higher than the rest of your body. Some folks tilt their bed to elevate their upper body.

Munchey
  • Munchey- I'm sorry if I confused you in any of my posts- I do not have knee problems. I just went back up to re-read and I think it was Sinderelly who mentioned it.. I was recently diagnosed with severe acid reflux after having a barium swallow last month- said it is so bad that he's never seen it in anyone at my age so I am trying my best to avoid them 100% (at least for a while.) so I can heal some if that is possible. It totally turned my food world upside down- tomatoes and tomato-based stuff and spicy food were a huge part of my diet. I mean, I was basically relying on habanero hot sauce since regular hot sauce wasn't spicy enough! >_< Thanks for the tips on not eating a few hours before bed and having the bed a bit elevated with a wedge- I do these currently (after I googled everything there was about it, lol.)

Joy- Whoo-hoo!!! I'm so happy for you!

166.4 today!?! What a nice surprise and I am most definitely staying on plan for the rest of the weekend. I am looking forward to making my deviled eggs and dill mustard potato salad for Easter. Yum!