When and how do you weigh yourself?

• I am becomng a bit of a scale addict but I was wondering when is the best time to weigh yourself?

My latest thing is to weigh myself twice a day and always naked (big guys' clothes weigh some).

The serious reading I take (always the lowest) is the first one in the morning, with an empty bladder before breakfast.

I also take a fun one in the evening, when I have had a beer or two. That's normally a bit heavier.

What do you do?
  • Daily, first thing after peeing when I get up, barefoot all over.

If I wore so much as a single sock, if I didn't like the results I'd take it off and weigh again, LOL.
  • When i do my weigh-ins on sundays i, like bill, take a whizz then i step up with a light t shirt, sweat pants and socks.

I admit i do check my weight 2-3 times a week to see how i'm doing, keeps me on track.
  • Have been trying to keep it down to a once a week weigh in so as not to drive myself crazy chasing scale numbers - we'll see if I can resist. When I do it's in the morning after my "routine" wearing the same clothing - well my housecoat.
  • Quote:
    Daily, first thing after peeing when I get up, barefoot all over.
    Thats what I do
  • Always in the morning before I take a shower after I go tot he bathroom. This is also when I measure my waist. Which today got bigger (!?) it was also the first day I went for a jog (1.87 miles and burned 295 calories, it was rather stressful). Never any clothes cuz' that's how I roll.
  • Same here. I weight myself each morning after going to the bathroom. I know it's suggested to weigh yourself once a week but I feel as though I'm in more control if I do this everyday. Usually, I always see my numbers go down and when I don't, it's typically because I ate out or had way too much sodium, which kinda serves me as a lesson and helps me get away from the wrong foods.

I never weigh myself after the morning because my weight will go up drastically. I tend to drink loads of liquids so my weight will rise 4-5 pounds during the day and drop right back down by the next morning.
  • I enjoy seeing the trends as well. I kinda see it as: if I weight myself daily I have a very clear snap-shot of how my body is treating my extra weight. Also, I don;t like the idea of the once a week weighing because what if that day is a heavy day? lastly, I want to identify an plateau right as it's happening to attempt to rectify it.

I tried to create a topic about this awesome book I read, "Mastery" by George Leonard, but got no bites. But anyway he really helped me identify my learning style and discover how I normally react to plateau's and how to react to them better. As far as weight loss goes it was one o the best books I ever read. Bonus point because the book actually has nothing to do specifically with weight loss.
  • Daily, in my birthday suit or boxers/boxer briefs. Post-pee. Like most guys here.
  • Once a week. First thing in the morning (after using the restroom but before eating). Just for fun, sometimes I'll weigh myself right after a long, sweaty summer run. Guaranteed to sweat off 2+ pounds. I don't "count" it because I know it's just water and not fat, but it can be motivating to see a number that I haven't seen in a long time.
  • Always weigh once a day in the evenings, before my meal, i eat late.
    Like to see the fluctuations, weight ebs and flows there is always a few days of high weight a week and a few of low, some kind of cyclic cycle can be observed, one gets to know their low days, pick your lowest weigh in that week as your number, rinse and repeat for every other week, keeps one on plan and motivated...