Independance Day challenge

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • With Valentine's Day drawing near and concluding many ongoing challenges and spring just about 1 1/2 months away I thought adding a more distant challenge (but not *too* distant) might be helpful. I'd love to have you join me!

Set the goal(s) that suit(s) you best.

My goals are to continue to exercise a minimum of 4x per week and to continue the slow and steady weight loss I've been doing since January.
  • Arrgh could a mod please change the subject to the correct spelling of independence? Ha ha although maybe people could be intending to go to a DANCE.
  • Goal is to exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes and to be almost in Onederland by July 4th!

SW: 245
    GW by July 4th: 238

APRIL
    4/5~ 242.8
    4/12~ 250
    4/19~ 245.2 FINALLYYY!
    4/26~ 245

Month's loss: 0 lb

MAY
    5/3~ 247
    5/10~ No weigh in
    5/17~ 250
    5/24~ 247.2
    5/31~ 244.2

Month's loss: -0.8lb

JUNE

6/7~
    6/14~
    6/21~
    6/28~

Month's loss:

JULY!
    7/4~

Total loss:
    Goal: 238
  • I would like to join up... My goal it to be in onederland by then...current weight is 233.4 so I guess I want to lose a minimum of 34 lbs!
  • My goal is to be at goal weight by 7/4, which will mean losing a lb a week.

I am also:

1) Counting calories and averaging 1350/day(cycling)
    2) Getting some type of exercise 6 days/week
    3) Running 2-3 X/week, training for a half-marathon in May
  • Welcome ladies! Glad to have you all joining me. It's hard but since this is a lifetime goal it's so worth the time and effort! We can do this!
  • I love the idea of a mid year challenge goal! I failed miserably at the other challenges I signed up for- lets see how this one goes! Independence day is right before my birthday, so it works out well!

I currently weigh about 284, and I'd like to weigh below 250. So that's 34lbs loss by July 4! I think I can do it!
  • Welcome FerrisW. Glad this is a helpful goal for you.. slow and steady we can do this!
  • Hey guys, I'd love to join this. I'm hoping to hit my current goal right around that time and then I can see if I can go lower! I've got 22 pounds to go so a pound a week.
  • I want to continue drinking more water, and eating healthier.

SW 251.6 today
    CW 251.6
    GW 231.6 for this challenge
  • SW- 203
    GW- 160

That's 43 lbs. I can do this! I will succeed by logging all my meals into my fitness pal, drinking more water and exercising at least 30 minutes 6 days a week.
  • Hi all! I'd love to join in on this challenge!

SW- 175
    GW- 150 or below.

I will also try to keep track of my food intake on my WW app and watch my alcohol intake too from time to time. Let's dooo it!
  • Hi,

I am kind of new here xD, and I would like to join you guys on this challenge.
    I am planning a trip for the summer, and I REALLY need to look at least decent.

Anyway, my goals:
    1. I want to loose arround 43ish lbs.
    2. I need to start working out, I never have time though, so I'll say walk for at least 20 mins a day and actually workout at least 2 days a week.
    3. NOT GIVE UP! I am sick of quiting my diets because I get sad or depressed.
    4. Drink 2L of water (min) everyday
    5. Keep up the calorie counting!
    So, I think that's it? If any of you have any suggestions please feel free to say something, I am kind of improvising here, and if you think my weight loss expectation is too high compared to what I'm willing to work out, please say so! Because I wouldn't know!!!
    Also, when does the challenge officially starts? Like when you subscribe, or is there an especific day?

Thankyou

Oh! Right the weights...

SW: 214 (today?)
    GW (for this challenge): 171
  • I'm in! I'm part of the Valentine's Day challenge that's ending...tomorrow, so I'm glad I have a new one to start! I just got back from vacation, and apparently I ate way more than I thought I did, so I'm going to estimate my starting weight at 166.0

I would like to be around my high school weight (145 my senior year), so that's 21 pounds by July 4th. Since I weigh in for another challenge on Wednesdays, that will be when I weigh in for this too.

February
    2/13- 166.0
  • I'd love to join this as well. My son's first birthday is around then and it's so important to me that I be healthier by the time he's running circles around me.
    SW: 184
    GW: 150