What are your favorite veggies right now?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Right now I am LOVING these sweet mini peppers from my grocery store. You get a big bag and they are red, orange, and yellow. So easy to take around and snack on, perfect for slicing into salads.

I also really like this green mix called Power Greens. It comes in a big bag for only $2.99 and is a mix of baby spinach, baby red and green swiss chard, and baby bok choy. I love having it as a salad with some homemade vinaigrette, or adding it to my blended shakes.
  • I wasn't a big pepper fan, but I am loving them now. Celery too!! (And I HATE celery!) I am still addicted to cauliflower and rutabaga.

Totally off zuchini right now.
  • My favorite is spinach added to my cocomint drink... I love having it for breakfast and lunch... Today I had baked zucchini and it was tasty! Jicama is on my grocery list and will add cinnamon and splenda for a dessert!
  • Cucumbermbers and mushrooms can never get bored lol
  • Love the versatility of cauliflower!!!!
  • Rutabaga or turnip 'fries'
    Grilled asparagus
  • Quote: Love the versatility of cauliflower!!!!
    I second that.

Also love spaghetti squash as a sub for pasta.

For salads, I like the spring mix. I add in cucumbers (English, because I'm too lazy to peel) and heart of palm.

I also like brussel spouts and asparagus.

I usually roast my non-salad veggies, except for the spaghetti squash which I microwave since I'm just tossing it with a sauce anyway.
  • I loooove veggies. Right now -
    fresh: zucchini, mushrooms, radishes, garlic, cabbage, mixed sprouts, cucumbers, onions
    fresh or frozen: broccoli, spinach,
    frozen: asparagus, cauliflower,

lettuce: Romaine!
    I've probably left several out.
  • Quote: Also love spaghetti squash as a sub for pasta.
    Oops! No spaghetti squash on P1. You CAN peel a zucchini and use the Zuke noodles

My biggest go-tos are cauliflower (for everything) and shredded zucchini in my muffins.

What is ALWAYS in my fridge or on the grocery list: romaine, green onions, celery, mushrooms, bok choy, spinach, cabbage or broccoli slaw, bell peppers, cucumbers,

Other favs: kale chips, rutabaga (mashed or fries)
    I stir fry veggies, steam, or roast.
    Spinach goes in my breakfast smoothies if I'm not eating a packet w/zucchini muffin. Cauliflower mash or "tater tots", rice.

I hardly ever eat my veggies raw anymore and have to measure to make sure I don't eat too many!
  • I myself just discovered Rutabaga last night and im in love with it! i roasted it in the oven with EVOO and sea salt and it was delicious! Reminded me very much of potatoes!!
  • Radishes, mushrooms and cucumbers right now.
  • Anything sprayed with olive oil, then sprinkled with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper...cauliflower, asparagus, cabbage, zucchini, turnips, rutabaga, etc.

YUMMY!!!
  • Cauliflower is my fav right now...roasted in the oven w/EVOO and some spices.
    Peppers of any color, raw.
    Love spinach crisps, but don't make them often because they are labor intensive, but then gone in about 3 seconds!
    Tried something new with my broccoli tonight...I sauteed it. It was a really nice break from steamed broccoli. All I had was frozen broccoli, so I thawed it in the microwave. I heated up about a tsp of EVOO, added some minced garlic, then added the broccoli and stir fried it for a few minutes. Added sea salt, some pepper, and a non-salt spice mix. So excited to find a new way to eat broccoli!
  • Roasted cauliflower, cucumbers, and zucchini. I go through veggie obsessions and these just happen to be them right now. I make sure i mix it up though so my body doesn't get used to what i'm eating.
  • Quote: I wasn't a big pepper fan, but I am loving them now. Celery too!! (And I HATE celery!) I am still addicted to cauliflower and rutabaga.

Totally off zuchini right now.
    LOL! I hear you about the zucchini, Ninja Nurse! I had a field day with zucchini when I first started IP back in October--ate it constantly. Then I just hit a wall and haven't been able to eat it since.

I have added it to muffins, per Lisa's suggestion, and I can eat it hidden like that! I want to make try some zucchini "pasta" but I'm not sure I'm ready to venture back into zucchini-land yet.