5 ip packs a day now??

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • has anyone else heard about using 5 IP packs a day now??? where i live 1 place is saying this is the new protocol but 2 other coaches havn't seen this new "memo" anyone else heard about this???
  • I'm not actively involved with a clinic right now, so no I haven't heard of that protocol change. It wouldn't surprise me as they update it frequently (IMO).

Plenty of us loss on 3 packets per day. Sounds like a gimmick to up their profits...but I tend to be a skeptic.
  • I just started IP last week (first weigh in tomorrow) and it's still 3 IP packs a day. Sounds like someone is trying to make a quick buck by changing the protocol.
  • Quote: has anyone else heard about using 5 IP packs a day now??? where i live 1 place is saying this is the new protocol but 2 other coaches havn't seen this new "memo" anyone else heard about this???
    I was just told to use 5 packs and no animal protein for my last two weeks. Others said that would be a cellulite reduction protocol. I haven't tried it yet. Too comfortable with my routine and not sure of when I want to stop phase 1.
  • Some coaches allow an extra packet in the frist few weeks to help curb hunger and prevent cheating, and sometimes if the client has a very large amount of weight to lose, they need that 4th packet for the first little while just for the extra calories. But 5 packets is NOT standard protocol, and I would have to agree with the previous poster that it sounds like a coach trying to make an extra buck.
  • Quote: Some coaches allow an extra packet in the frist few weeks to help curb hunger and prevent cheating, and sometimes if the client has a very large amount of weight to lose, they need that 4th packet for the first little while just for the extra calories. But 5 packets is NOT standard protocol, and I would have to agree with the previous poster that it sounds like a coach trying to make an extra buck.
    My coach said 3-5 for the first week. But I also know some coaches determine # of packets based on how much someone weighs. I think IP recommends more packs for folks over a certain weight.
  • Standard protocol is 3 packets/day, plus an 1 packet for each additional 40 pounds over 200.

Example, 280 pound person should be using 5 packets per day.
  • My coach gave me a handout on IP letterhead - How Your Body May Initially Respond. It states that up to 5 IP envelopes are allowed during the first few days of the protocol. I would say it is standard protocol but for a limited time. I was verbally told I could have 4 packets/day during the first week.

ETA: I did not start out at more than 200 lbs.
  • In the beginning I was having a hard time finding time and consuming all of my animal protein. I asked my coach if I could substitute that with packets. She then checked with some others to confirm it was ok and said if I did so, I had to have two unrestricted packets for dinner. So I typically do that a few times a week. I know some disagree with it but I'm losing weight at a normal IP pace and feel completely satisfied. I of course make sure to consume my veggies, oil, salt & supplements.
  • My coach told me must have 3, can have up to 5 if needed. (I thought she told me I must have 5 at first and was struggling with that). She also prefers to hold off on restricted items until after the first four weeks so I don't have any cookies, crisps etc. yet.
  • Quote: has anyone else heard about using 5 IP packs a day now??? where i live 1 place is saying this is the new protocol but 2 other coaches havn't seen this new "memo" anyone else heard about this???
    How much do you weigh? I started at 470 and was told I could have up to 7 a day and I did for a while, I needed it. I still lost thirty pounds in the first week.
  • Quote: My coach told me must have 3, can have up to 5 if needed. (I thought she told me I must have 5 at first and was struggling with that). She also prefers to hold off on restricted items until after the first four weeks so I don't have any cookies, crisps etc. yet.
    I don't understand coaches who don't follow the protocol. It calls for 1 restricted per day. It would make the transition to IP SO MUCH EASIER!

Tweaking things can be saved for true plateaus (several weeks of no scale OR measuring tape movement)
  • Quote: How much do you weigh? I started at 470 and was told I could have up to 7 a day and I did for a while, I needed it. I still lost thirty pounds in the first week.
    Wow; that first weigh in must have felt incredible! Congratulations on your amazing results so far!
  • I started with 4 IP's a day and have kept that up ever since. My Coach never said anything. I wonder if my slow weight loss is contributed to this. I'm going to reduce down to 3 per day for a week to see if that triggers something.
  • apparenly the protocol has changed according to one place who had one of the "head" bosses show up.. can you guys check with your coaches and see if there has been a change or this 1 place is the only place who has the change.