Experience with DASH diet?

• Hi all!

I started Dash Diet last week with my hubby. We are both at an all time high weight and although our blood pressure is fine, this diet seemed very reasonable...just healthy eating. Hubby suggested it...he gets annoyed with things like Weight Watchers and what we were on previously. He is journaling his food on his phone...he just doesn't like having to figure out a huge system. Previously I had lost down to a healthy weight on LA Weight Loss, but I can't get myself back on track with it...it did work, just my life has gotten more hectic at meal times.

I was just wondering how others had done...good or bad. I am at the end of week one and doing fine. I am having some cravings right now, but of course I did have to start a diet right when my time of the month was due. So far, not caving. I haven't weighed myself but my husband has lost weight so far. I have a pair of pants in every size so I guess I will be trying to get back into all the pants I have outgrown. I feel at this point knowing my weight might set me over the edge. I can already tell the "pinchy spot" on my jeans quit pinching me, so that's a good sign I guess.
  • Quote: Hi all!

I started Dash Diet last week with my hubby. We are both at an all time high weight and although our blood pressure is fine, this diet seemed very reasonable...just healthy eating. Hubby suggested it...he gets annoyed with things like Weight Watchers and what we were on previously. He is journaling his food on his phone...he just doesn't like having to figure out a huge system. Previously I had lost down to a healthy weight on LA Weight Loss, but I can't get myself back on track with it...it did work, just my life has gotten more hectic at meal times.

I was just wondering how others had done...good or bad. I am at the end of week one and doing fine. I am having some cravings right now, but of course I did have to start a diet right when my time of the month was due. So far, not caving. I haven't weighed myself but my husband has lost weight so far. I have a pair of pants in every size so I guess I will be trying to get back into all the pants I have outgrown. I feel at this point knowing my weight might set me over the edge. I can already tell the "pinchy spot" on my jeans quit pinching me, so that's a good sign I guess.
    I don't have any experience with this diet. I've never used it.