I am pregnant!

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • I have been sitting on this news for about 2 weeks now. Debating how to 'disclose' this information, if I should wait, etc. I am still pretty early (6 weeks along today), I am not telling my family or friends until at least 4 more weeks. I have my first Ob appointment in 2 weeks. VERY excited - this happened faster than I thought it would - we officially started trying in December and I guess it just 'clicked'. I am happy, excited, scared, nervous and can't keep complaining to my husband about everything - that's what I have my IP family for!!!!

Morning sickness officially kicked in today - nearly lost it when I opened up my lunch, which was a delicious dinner 2 days ago. For some reason the smell just affected me crazy today!

Anyways - I still plan on sticking around, still plan on posting my menus, still plan on working out, still plan on putting in my $0.02, and will be asking for advice and sounding off, venting, etc. The reason I started IP in the first place was to work toward a healthy second pregnancy and I have been maintaining for 4 months and established a great workout routine that I am continuing and have made some modifications to (no more Bootcamps, just Bodypump & running).
  • Amazing news!!!! So happy for you!!!!
  • o.m.g.

HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOO a baby liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats! I lurke more than I post but I have followed you through most of your journey. I plan on starting to run myself. Here's to a healthy pregnancy!
  • CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
  • How amazing!! So happy for you and your hubby!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • Wonderful news, Liz! You and your family have such a wonderful blessing coming! I'm so happy for you!
  • Liz that's such exciting news! I'm just thrilled for you and OMG your pregnancy at a healthy weight will hopefully much better for you. Post your baby bump pics when you get the bump.
  • Congratulations!
  • Oh Liz! i am so so so happy for you!!! Congrats!!!
  • Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Enjoy every second of it
  • Congratulations! How exciting!
  • Awwww! Congratulations!
  • Thanks everyone!! I am very happy, but also scared and nervous at the same time. I will be leaning on everyone for support and venting!

I had an unknown pre-existing back condition when I got pregnant with my son, I was overweight and of course that coupled with the stress of the pregnancy aggravated the condition (spondylolysthesis). I now have 3 vertebrae out of alignment that creates 2 bulging disks, which aggravate 2 nerves running down my leg. I threw my back out 3 times severe enough for bed rest and had chronic back pain until I lost the first 40lb on IP and have been pain-free since. I knew if I wanted to have a healthy second pregnancy I needed to drop the weight.

This has been my "plan" all along and I hope to continue down a path for a healthy second pregnancy!
  • So, totally exciting!!!

Enjoy, and you had the right idea all along, get healthy and your body will be able to handle the pregnancy much better.

The very best wishes for your family what a blessing...health & family