Stevia.

• Does it taste funky to you guys too? And not funky fresh! Funky ew!
  • I like don't use it often,and have tried other stuff that a thought had an after taste.
    Roo2
  • I like it but don't use it very often.
    Roo2
  • I have some stuff called Truvia, not a big fan, it says it's made from the stevia plant, I think I'm going to take it into work and put it by the coffee pot, maybe someone else will like it.
  • It tastes really bitter to me.
  • Yes! I had been thinking about starting a thread about this!

It DOES taste weird! I have some in my cupboard but never use it because it has a bad bitter-ish aftertaste. Not good at all.

Do you get used to it? I so wish I liked it more.. Would be a good alternative..
  • It's been awhile..and no, I haven't gotten used to it. I just drink my coffee without sweetener and a little fat free half and half.
  • Sometimes I don't mind it - I had a protein powder sweetened with stevia that I really liked. But I can't STAND it in tea, or in yogurt.

I used it in my coffee for a while and tolerated it, but it wasn't really better than drinking the coffee black, which is a heck of a lot cheaper. If I got just barely too much in my coffee (any more than 1/3-1/2 a packet per cup) it was undrinkable.
  • it used to, until I found one that had no weird aftertaste at all, now I use it all the time!
    try Now Foods Better Stevia
  • Yeah I don't like it, bitter or weird aftertaste. I even find nut milks that are sweetened taste strange.
  • Tastes a bit grassy to me, but I've gotten somewhat used to it in my coffee. Bought a box at the discount grocery store and am determined to use it up before switching back to splenda.
  • I haven't had straight up stevia, but I have had Zevia, the soda that uses it. It's a little sweet for my tastes.

I use Truvia occasionally when I have a microwaved apple with cinnamon. It tastes pretty good on that
  • I use it combined with Splenda or Sweet n Low. If you put them together it enhances the flavor and sweetness. Then, I use less packets overall. Since certain brands/colors are cheaper its a win win...saving money by using less packets and less expensive colored packets. I don't notice any bitterness if I use 50/50 splenda and stevia.