donuts, pizza, candy, cookies and chips

• Yup, this was the menu for the conference I attended today! SO GLAD that I brought my own meals just in case!!! didn't touch a thing! a real NSV for moi!
  • Pats on the back to you and a BIg HIGH 5!...GREAT JOB!
  • awww thanks WUV!
  • welcome!
  • That's so awesome! You should be VERY proud of yourself!
  • Wow - Did you feel like you were on an episode of Biggest Loser, where they take the contestants into a room full of all those foods and see if they'll cheat or not?? You are awesome - I like to think I would have resisted, too, but I dang sure would have indulged in some self-pity
  • Safe to assume this wasn't a nutrition seminar, right? Maybe someday the world will evolve and our meetings and seminars will be catered with fresh fruits and veggies!
  • good for you!!!
    I have to attend conferences often so I have taken to telling people that I am diabetic and I need to be careful about fruit - so they usually have something there that I can have.... like a salad and crudite... we can do this
  • good thing about IP is that I'm not tempted or craving junk food. Its crazy
  • I have to go back today as well. Its a suicide intervention training conference! Maybe they think that they are keeping us happy with carbs and sugars. I'm all packed and ready for day 2
  • Quote: I have to go back today as well. Its a suicide intervention training conference! Maybe they think that they are keeping us happy with carbs and sugars. I'm all packed and ready for day 2
    I would have needed the intervention LOL. Seriously, I would have been bawling in the fetal position on the floor. The one thing I find REALLY hard to be around is pizza - pretty much my favorite food on the planet. When I know my friends are going out for pizza I just can't go. It makes me cranky and crazy that I can't have it. Someday, right?

Kudos to you though, massive NSV for sure!!!
  • That's just ridiculous they can't balance all that junk with a couple healthy choices for everyone's sake. The event planner needs to have his/her bell rung!
  • Made it through day 2 of the conference! Today was Jimmy Johns sandwich boxes with a po boy (sub) chips and a huge choc chip cookie plus of course the chocolate abr too!
    I STAYED 100% OP ON IP!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!