November Chat Thread

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
  • Thought I'd start one up for November.
    How is everyone doing?

I'm getting ready for a crazy weekend full of hanging out with Gamers.
    Can't wait .
  • Good morning Good Morning,

zanheltangia - Hi! Have fun this weekend!

--------

All's quiet on my end of the world. Had a blast last night at my brothers with my nephews and friends and dh. We scared the living he|| out of a bunch of kids, which is always a good time! The one time of the year where you're allowed to terrorize children.

A busy weekend ahead of me with a 10k on Saturday and then parties galore.

Happy November, everyone! Where'd 2012 go?
  • Hey! I am sad kinda sad it's November; where are the days that used to drag on on forever. Being a grown up sucks.
    On the other hand my bff comes in tomorrow and my brother drives up on Sunday so all is good!!
    I worked out today and I am feeling awesome lol.
  • Bear with me as I do personals from Oct...

lisa Saw in Oct thread you were down 2 pounds! Great job! I love my fitbit! The kids I nanny for love to look at the flower. And they like it even more when the flower is big.

beahawkins great beginning to your restart! Congrats!

CakeBatter Have I asked where in VA you are? Congrats on your shrinking waist!

jmko Have fun in Maui! Can I sneak into your suitcase?

SoMuch You always have the busiest weekend plans! Sounds fun though. Happy Birthday to you and your DH!

night hope your ankle feels better soon

*phew* Can I just say that I really need November to be better than October?
    I lost power Monday night until Tuesday night because of the storm. I went to the home of one of the families I nanny for just so I could get a hot shower. The little girl was very confused that I was there, and didn't want me to leave! Aside from no power, everything was fine. No damage or anything. Unfortunately...I had to toss everything in my fridge and freezer. Not worth risking food poisoning to save a few bucks as far as I'm concerned.

Still on the apartment hunt. I was so bummed cause I found what seemed like a practically perfect place, but the ad on CL did NOT mention the cat that lives there! And I'm allergic to cats. Also, sorry to you cat lovers, but I really don't like them.

So....yeah. Still working on it. I will create a post with about a million dancing carrots and smiley faces when I find my new place. Trying to send out emails just about every day. I don't remember it being this hard to find a roommate!

Oh...and stormy weather + Halloween candy = baaaaaad.....
  • Planning to be more agressive with my weight loss this month in prep for amazing results in time for Christmas Holidays!!!

To so that... I need you guys!! So I'm back in the chat zone!
  • Whew where did October go??? Plus it left me with this weight! Well its a new month and I know Im going to do even better!!!!!! I must be more aggressive this month, except on Thanksgiving...im simply not going to deprive myself. Today has been ok, I plan to make the turkey chili tomorrow for this weekend. I have found a new love....Peanut Butter Cheerios! O My! They are a nice little treat. Turbo Fire tonight....Fire 30 if the lil one acts right.

Anybody do skim milk?

Quiet- Yes the FitBit has become my new best friend! Love it....helps keep me in check and lets me know to move move move move! Plus I love the free logging. Glad you only lost food, which can be re placed.
  • We made it Friday without killing someone! (hopefully)

I'm sure I say this a lot, but d*mn! What a loooooong week!!!

beahawkins - being a grown up does suck! I used to work at a home for drug addicted and abused infants and one of the little boys I've known since BIRTH turned 13 today. OMG I feel SOOO old. Have fun with your family and bff this weekend!!!

Quiet Ballerina - omg...we are always SO busy and we don't even have children yet. We cherish our quiet weekends though. Trust me. Our anniversary is on the 12th and we're actually taking the day off of work to just be with each other and not have plans. This is what happens when both people in a marriage not only live close to their family in distance, but are also close with them relationship wise. That was awesome of "your family" (you're a nanny - you're family in my opinion) to let you over. Hopefully you didn't lose anything in the storm aside from your food. Are all of your friends and family safe, as well? I saw a really cool picture of a family that still had power and hooked up some extension cords with the power strips outside and put a note that said, "We have power. Charge your phone here." so people could call home. I thought that was pretty cool.

1yr2mkovr - Good luck with getting aggressive!

lisa34t - I drink skim if I buy milk. DH doesnt drink milk and no babies, so I don't typically buy it unless I get a craving for it. I use FF 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee.

---------

Blueberry coffee and Trey Songz this morning. Not a bad start to a Friday! It's been a loooooong week with an even busier weekend ahead of me.

Weight is up today but only because TOM is a douche.
  • WHOOOO HOOOO FRIDAY BABYYYYY!!!

Well today is going well. Made Turkey Chili last night and having it for lunch now!!!!!!! YUMMM! But my salt hand was abit heavy So as of today I have manage to only work out once this week.....ughhhhh! Im really thinking of adding a membership. Idk. I have been making my 10k steps daily. I really need to push myself to not be a bum this weekend.

SoMuch- Blueberry coffee...hmmm sounds interesting
  • hey i am joining in. calorie counting and trying to exercise regularly.
    down 8 lbs and going strong!
  • Heey just joined !! i lost 4 kg , 25 kg to goooooo !! that's a lot of work !! good luck guys ! wish me luck because it's gonna be haaaard but i'm sure that we're going to succeed !!yaay ! This november we're going to take the scale dooooown!! have an nice week end
  • Lisa: IF I drink real milk, it's skim. But I have been drinking it since I was little. I know a lot of people that think it tastes like water... I personally think it's too thick, but I'm not really a milk drinker. I think low calorie Almond Milk is great. It doesn't leave you with a milky residue either! Your chili sounds great!

Fatitude: Isn't it crazy when that happens?! It makes me sad that all the babies in my family are growing up. lol Have fun this weekend; that is a huge weekend!!! And I know ALL about TOM being a douche. I'd love to go back to normal.

Maryem: Welcome! And Great job on the 4kg! and good luck!!
  • Hi, I'm new and a bundle of nerves, haha
  • So I did really well today and although I had a big lunch I will have a small dinner to balance it out!

hope you are all doing well
  • Maryem, Rinsmommy & Sun - WELCOME!!!!!

bea- yes the chili was quite tasty and so low in calories!!!!! As far as the milk I'm just trying to lower the calories when eating cereal so I can get more cereal!

Well its 3 oclock here and I have already made 8k+ steps. Looks like im only gonna lose 1lbs for the week....lack of exercise. Have a Great Saturday!
  • Hey guys, I'm new-ish to the board (was a member about 1.5 years ago) and back on the wagon, so they say.

I'm in my first year teaching (supply teaching) and I've been living in London for the past month and a half. I'm from Ontario, Canada, so my decision to move here was a big one! It's an awesome city though.

Teaching is tiring! I'm quite sad because tomorrow is the last day of Half Term. Back to work on Monday. But yay money!