Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Welcome to all the new people!

lisa34t : any loss is good!

Phae: Do you mean London UK? Or London ON?
I used to supply teach in Kingston but I've moved around quite a bit in recent years and now I'm not teaching anymore. Supply teaching is crazy hard! Hopefully something will open up in one of your schools (get to know the principles really well!!) and you'll be saved from supply teaching. (Because if it hasn't gotten old yet, it will by the end of the year ) Good Luck!

---

So I've joined the Nov/Dec/Jan exercise challenge and for three days in a row, the only reason I had completed my workouts is because I knew that if I didn't I would have gaping holes for these days on my post. Really. That's the only reason. In fact, today I put off working out until it was "too late" to work out (I know you know what I'm talking about) but then I thought about my fresh start with this challenge and how if I don't do it I would mess up the beautifully arranged icons on my post... So I did it. Ridiculously late at night -- but I did it. YAY!

Last edited by 1yr2mkovr; 11-04-2012 at 12:35 AM.
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

1yr2mkovr - I love that you did your workout late at night so you would have something to post in the challenge thread on that day! That is a great motivation, even if you really don't feel like it, it's awesome that you did it. I know what you mean as well - I started wearing a pedometer a couple of months back and it connects to my Nintendo DS - and I hate not meeting my step target so I find myself walking round the house some nights if I think I'm short!!

Anywho.. I'm back on here after being super active a couple of years back when I was in my loseloselose phase. Since then I've popped in and out, but never been quite as active on here as I was. I probably won't have time to either, I was working part time back then and had more time to spare on here (and more time to focus on my weightloss!) I got down to 60kg and was so happy...and over the past year it crept back up to close to 67kg. It's only 15 pounds, but it's made me feel like a little bit of a failure.

As of this morning I'm down to 65, and that's just from the past two weeks of hard work. I was doing good during the week and then I'd slip on the weekends, and that has had me maintaining around 66 - but now that I've finally seen a loss I'm ready to keep that number dropping and keep myself feeling healthier.

Sorry for the essay, just thought I'd give a bit of background as it seems like mostly new faces around here!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #18  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

1yr - I'm actually in London UK! There is no teaching work in Ontario right now, not even supply work! So I'm spending a year or two abroad while I still "can" (no commitments like marriage or kids)
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #19  
in pursuit of progress

S/C/G: 180/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello all!! I am in such a happy mood today because I have just found out I'm actually 5'6, not 5'5!! I know it's such a non-issue but it means I am at a healthy BMI already!! Still got a ways to go but I am pleased .

How are you all doing today? Is it bucketing down where anyone else is?
nina cloudstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #20  
Geek

nina - I was going to say it's raining here too, but then I noticed you are also in London! Haha gotta put my wellies on today!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #21  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

lisa one lb is still great!

phaeyay money is right! haha Also good luck!

1yr I have totally done the late night work outs. Way to go! keep it moving.

rainbow You have done a good job keeping it off. You had a lifestyle change and now you are adjusted and finding your new normal. keep going!

nina I always say I wish I could just grow a few inches to make this easier. my friend is 5 10 and her normal calories are a lot more than mine. congrats on having a healthy BMI.

so I am down on the scale today abd feeling strong and happy. just got to keep going!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Ok girls...

rainbowstripe Despite how you may feel, in my books you maintained all this time! YOu are doing great! All you need to do now is a little bit of "tweaking". You know I had lost 50 pounds before my wedding but then after (within two/three years) I've gained back 70 pounds. I wish that after the first 10 or 20 I took a minute and got myself back on track. So good for you!

Phae Don't I know it!! I was teahing in Kingston (ON) for two years, and I had incredible recommendation letters and references, plus the years of experience when I moves to Hamilton ON, but none of it mattered. None of the boards around were hiring for any type of teaching... Which left me tutoring (in my mid/late twenties, you can imagine how that didn't leave me feeling with the sense of having a grown up job and career). Now I'm out West for a year, and taking a break from it all.

nina cloudstar WHAT?!?! The EXACT opposite happened to me about a month ago!! I thought I was 5'6, but it turned out I was 5'5!!! I'm still shocked and angered by that whole situation! I had to change all my targets in the oposite diretion BUT, despite my experience, I'm really happy for you! Congratualtions!!!!

sun YAY!

---

Despite my late night workout, I'm up on the scale today But I'm still glad that I did it. I know that I have to workout today and yesterday's experience will have me doing it at a normal time today

What baffles me is why in the heck is it that when I don't try to lose weight with diet and exercise it's so easy somedays... You spend the day eating crap (in controlled quantities), don't workout and then get on the scale and boom, down a pound -- but then other times, when you eat healthy, and workout, somedays you get on the scale and your up?! WTH??
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #23  

nina cloudstar Woooo for healthy BMI! I'm not a huge believer in BMI but it's nice to have different things to measure myself out, and as much as I kid myself, I'd love to see myself within that healthy BMI weight range, so go you!

sun Yay for being down on the scale! I'm up this morning, but I'm sure it's only temporary

1yr Thanks for the encouragement! I guess you're kind of right about maintaining, none of my clothes from my lowest weight are too small to wear, so I should feel good about that. My jeans are a bit tight though! As for your scale query - I feel like sometimes the literal weight just does what it wants and you sometimes have to go by feel! Like I was up nearly two pounds this morning on yesterdays weight but I feel smaller...haha.

Yup, so I'm up this morning, but I think my dinner probably had a fair bit of sodium in it and I didn't drink much water yesterday, many things I need to take into account.
We celebrate Guyfawkes here with fireworks, so I had a terrible sleep last night - we live right by the motorway and there were sirens going past all night - my guess is too many people not using the fireworks rightly!

We're going to do some fireworks tonight after work I think, so that will be fun - and I won't be one that needs to call a fire engine or ambulance! I've had yoghurt for breakfast but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to have for lunch. I have to buy something as there are no leftovers. I know dinner will be healthy and low cal - I got some chicken breasts out of the freezer and am going to put on a cajun rub before baking them in the oven and serving with lots of veges.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #24  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! It's been a couple months since I've been on here. Ever since I started my first big girl job in June, I haven't been able master the art of taking care of myself.

I just joined weight watchers online 2 weeks ago, I've already lost 4 lbs. I decided to join because all of my clothes, even my scrub tops for work, are starting to be VERY tight. My friend also just emailed me her professional wedding pictures from a year and a half ago, when I was 20 lbs lighter, and it made me realize how badly I have let myself go...YET AGAIN!

I have the eating down now, I just need to start getting active again!

I look forward to meeting all of you and getting back in touch with those I remember from before!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #25  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

1yr just keep swimming you will see the benefit

samma way to go on getting back at it before it got out of hand! I lost 30 lbs then had some problems and I gained all of it back and took a year and a half to get back on it.

So I did awesome today! I wanted some chocolate so I just factored it in and made it withing my calories with a 600 calorie deficit. It was an awesome feeling having so much control of my life. keep going ladies!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #26  

sammalamma Hello and good on you for getting back on here - and congrats on the 4 pound loss since starting weight watchers online! I know what you mean about the big girl job - it was when I started at this job that I just ran out of time somehow to be on here, but I'm learning balance a bit more now!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

1yr2mkovr Yeah! Let's do it!
Awesome job on the challenge so far!
I don't understand scale logic either. I fully expected a gain after the hurricane (too much junk food) but it wasn't that bad. But other times I'll eat great for an entire week, go out and have one beer, and I'm up 2 pounds the next day! So frustrating.

Lisa I don't drink milk much, so I do 2%. It's what I'm used to. Most of the time, I'm using milk for cooking. I found smaller containers (I have no idea what size, I'd have to look in my fridge) of organic milk that lasts longer, so I tend to get those. Otherwise milk goes bad before I use it up.
You are kicking my tush in steps! I need to up my game!

SoMuch Yes, it was very nice of my "families" to offer to help me out. They offered me fridge/freezer space and a place to sleep too, which was very thoughtful. I just wanted the shower though. Haha None of my biological family is here, but yes, friends are safe.
I need to start looking up some of this music on youtube! What are some good "get up and dance around in your underwear" songs? I like those when I'm doing my hair and makeup!

sun: welcome!
maryem welcome!
rinsmommy welcome! don't be nervous; we don't bite! Just talk a lot.
Phae welcome! how old are the kids you teach?

rainbow welcome back! no worries, you can get that weight off again!

nina congrats on the new height!

samma welcome back! I keep going back and forth on if I should do WW. I feel like I get bored logging things too quickly.

I'm sad the weekend is over. had an overall nice time. Back into the swing of things this week. Eek....already November. I really want to kick my tush into gear and drop some lbs before Christmas. I want it to be noticeable, if possible.

It was so nice to have the 'extra hour' of sleep today! I was wondering why I woke up before my alarm went off. So nice.....

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 11-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #28  

Quiet Ballerina Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure you can get a noticeable weight loss by Christmas, sometimes even a few pounds makes a huge difference somewhere!

So I just ate my dinner and it was ridiculously healthy - cajun baked chicken breasts and a ratatouille of sorts...except now I'm so far under my calories it's not even funny. Like... I could eat a whole other meal (within reason) and still be at my lower limit. Oops. Trying to figure out what is a good thing to do because generally in this position I splurge on a dessert or sweet item which I know is not the right thing to do on a normal Monday night.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #29  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday and Hello to so many new faces!!!

---

lisa34t - I was totally sketch about Blueberry coffee when I heard of it. I love LOVE blueberries and I also love coffee - so I tried it. If you've ever had a blueberry donut from Dunk Donuts - it tastes like that with coffee. All the taste - none of the calories.

Quiet Ballerina - Hmm..I like a lot of dirty south hip hop. This morning I'm listening to Drake - but that's a bit slower. What kind of music do you typically listen to?

---

OMG - is it Friday yet? That weekend FLEW by. Saturday we did the 10k. It went well. My mom did it with us. We had a BLAST. I attached a pic - I'm in the green shirt that says "Dedicated." I love this picture and for the first time I saw a full body pic and thought "D*mn girl. You lookin fly." ahahahaha! Curves galore! Dh is on the left (and participating in No Shave November - dont get me started), then me, my bff, mom and other bff.

Saturday night DH and I had our bday party that included again, too much bourbon (shocking - not me, right?) and good times and friends.

Sunday we went to a cousin's bday party and then to my parents for our bday party. My parents just spend 3 weeks in Europe and OMFG - my mom brought me a STUNNING leather bag and stilettos. MMMmmmm. I have a shoe fetish like nobody's business. DH wouldn't let me wear them to bed last night.

Skipped the scale yesterday and today - TOM is here still and I know I'm way up from the weekend. I'm trying to remember to be kind to myself, as well.

So far we don't have any plans this coming weekend with the exception of dinner on Friday. We'll see how long that lasts. And I believe we're both taking Monday off next week for our Anninversary!

Today is DH's bday so I taking a 1/2 day and surprising him at work and taking him to lunch.

Happy Monday everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stronglegsrun.jpg (37.2 KB, 16 views)
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #30  
Geek

Quiet Ballerina - I teach primary school, so my students are anywhere between 4 and 11.

Today was the first day of school after Half Term and I had a feeling I might not get work because I think most teachers would be at work... and I was right, so I had the day off. I decided to go for a long walk and I found a sports store with cheap trainers so I bought some for £15 that are much more supportive and comfortable than the other shoes I was wearing for walking/exercising.

I have been struggling with hunger which always happens when I re-commit to eating healthy. My body is used to packing in so much junk that now it wants mooooore. I'm trying to keep my mind off of it. Darn body! I fed you! Be content!