General Chat April 18+

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

I think the trip did me a lot of good emotionally and mentally-my batteries feel recharged While there I came to the conclusion that yeah, I am cool as ck and I am too good for my stinky job! I am not going to let my boss get to me and I am moving forward with a new and more confident attitude- I am smart enough, I am good enough and doggone it, people like me

When I got home I had received an e-mail from the government that my appointment for language testing is on Thursday next week and today I got another e-mail asking if I could come to an interview on Tuesday! Yay! I think things are finally starting for me in the job department!

Alternachickpower!!!!!
  • Good luck on Tuesday at the interview!
  • Welcome back, Mauvais! Congrats and good luck on the interview!

Now, for the most important thing....what kind of shoes???
  • Mauvais-HIP HIP HURRAH!!!!! You have the right attitude, and it sounds like the job search is coming along well.

When DH is going to do a poetry reading I always tell him to "break a tongue." (I say that OTHER times too, but i digress..... ) I think the same thing applies in YOUR case, except in English AND in French!!!
  • Good luck next week, Mauvais!!
  • You go, Mauvais! Knock 'em dead! Do you want to borrow my metal bra and chicken purse?

Den, "break a tongue"? The mind boggles!

I'm off to work a charity Bingo at noon today so am going to cherish myself a bit for the morning. Coffee and a tub are on the agenda - no Miss Lucy in the tub this morning, please. I'm learning to close the door!

• Ruthie, I don't want to hear about you at Bingo with a fag dangling from your lips.
  • Thanks for the good wishes everyone!
  • Gee, Ellis, I'm working with a fag who is HIV positive. No way he will dangle from my lips!
  • Oh - I'm a little behind, but welcome back, Mauvais! I lived in London for almost two years after I graduated from college (was only meant to be six months... but um, I stayed until they almost deported me, lol). Hearing you talk about it makes me want to go back again for a visit!!!

G'luck on Tuesday & Thursday - I'm sure you'll be great!!!
  • snicker
  • If I didn't know you better Ruth, I'd say you were politically incorrect.
    Speaking of fags, mine is coming home from a holiday in England on Sunday. Time to get some beer for the garden!!