weight loss weekly averages

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello!
    I am new here.. I am signing up for metabolic research center on Friday. This is not my first time, I did this back in highschool and lost 60 lbs- That was over 10 years ago. I am looking forward to losing weight for my wedding in March, I need to lose as much as I can before then!!!
    Just curious, What is everyones "avg" weekly loss?? I have about 100 pounds i need to lose, But dont anticipate in losing that before my wedding, but of course would like to lose as much as I can!
  • I average about 3 lbs a week, between 2.5 and 3. Congrats on your wedding and good luck on your weight loss!
  • I have been steadily losing three pounds a week. They said 3-5 when I signed up but I have yet to see a 5 pound loss in one week. I am happy with 3
  • Wow you girls rock, my average has been 1 to 1 1/2 lbs but this week i'm going to shock them!! This morning i was down 2.8lbs and i go weigh in tomorrow, yeah!!!
  • Mine varies quite a bit. I dropped 4 pounds in one week just 2 weeks ago, and this week i've dropped 3 so far. there are often weeks i only lose 1 pound and feel like i'm really struggling. i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.
  • Quote: i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.
    I have this same habit too. And it does seem to get discouraging. I put my scale in the closet last night and am only going to bring it out a few times each week now.

I've lost about 2-2.5 lbs/week...but I've not been totally on program consistently. I've struggled with that but won't give you a bunch of excuses. I just need to make time for myself a priority too so I can prep what I need and have the right foods ready.

I have a wedding looming too..my sister's next Oct. I already have my bridesmaid dress and the largest size it came in was a 14, but I think it's more like a 12. I'm almost to a 16 now, so I've got a way to go still.
  • Quote: Mine varies quite a bit. I dropped 4 pounds in one week just 2 weeks ago, and this week i've dropped 3 so far. there are often weeks i only lose 1 pound and feel like i'm really struggling. i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.
    I do that too, i keep saying i will only weigh in once a week but it ends up being everyday, it helps keep me in check though i will admit that. What I get discouraged about is that when i weigh in at the center i'm always 1-2 lbs more!! UGH
  • Quote: What I get discouraged about is that when i weigh in at the center i'm always 1-2 lbs more!! UGH
    Don't get me started on that...double UGH!
    My center suggested that I come weigh in first thing in the a.m. before eating, etc. But they don't open until 10 and I go to work at 8. So I go by my scale and not theirs.
  • Quote: Mine varies quite a bit. I dropped 4 pounds in one week just 2 weeks ago, and this week i've dropped 3 so far. there are often weeks i only lose 1 pound and feel like i'm really struggling. i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.

HA I have the same problem with the scale, one time I told my fiance to hide the scale and I was like a little kid trying to find my present hidden at Christmas. I can't keep from stepping on that thing! Oh well, I guess it's better than not caring at all and if it helps us to stay on track then I'm okay with it!
  • Quote: Don't get me started on that...double UGH!
    My center suggested that I come weigh in first thing in the a.m. before eating, etc. But they don't open until 10 and I go to work at 8. So I go by my scale and not theirs.
    Oh my center opens at 9:00 am and i go in right after i get up and shower, it takes 20 mins for me to get there and i haven't eaten a thing and their scales are still higher LOL
  • I am averaging 1 pound a week. I finally broke through a 4 week plateau. I'd been losing and gaining the same (1 ) pound week after week gzzzzz. At weigh in last night I had lost 2.5 pounds! YEAH!!!!!
  • Quote: I am averaging 1 pound a week. I finally broke through a 4 week plateau. I'd been losing and gaining the same (1 ) pound week after week gzzzzz. At weigh in last night I had lost 2.5 pounds! YEAH!!!!!
    Great job! Hopefully that plateau got crushed for good!!!
  • Well, I was averaging 2 to 2 1/2 pounds a week when I did 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. When I stopped exercising it went to 1 to 1 1/2 so I think exercising will improve the numbers. I have hopped back on the wagon of exercise this week. I take corititrim only.
  • Stuck
    I havent been on for some time. I joined MRC in mid July, I'm down 28 lbs and 32 inches. I was doing great until the end of August. Had two weddings and mini vacation, now I'm struggling to get back on track. I do great all week and mess around on weekends. So I lose two pounds and gain back 1. Any suggestions to get back on track. I feel like i blew the whole month. Am still wanting to lose 40 lbs by the end of year.
  • I just started the MRC diet with my sister-in-law. We are wondering if the extra products( Three musketeers) help or the outcome is the same without them? We are preconditioning right now and taking the MRC-6 and the corti-trim. does everyone get the same promise of getting to their goal weight in 6 months?