What diet are you following?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Did Ideal Protein phase 1 for 5 wks, 1 wk of Phase 2 and on 2nd and final week of Phase 3. 21.5 inches lost and 21 lbs.

I've done LA Weight loss in the past and liked that also.
  • I'm calorie counting and using the Bodybugg as well. I walk outside or use the treadmill almost every day, and occasionally weight train. In the last year I lost 35 pounds and then took a break over the summer. I only gained back 6, but now I'm back on track and working to lose that plus the last 15, to reach my goal. When I was here last, the 40-somethings board was mostly dead - I'm glad to see so many posters here now!
  • I am calorie counting with My fitness Pal. Watching my macros Carbs/protein/fats 40%/30%/30%. I am trying to eat at 20-30% below my TDEE and at least my BMR. So between 1800-2000 calories a day. I lift 3x a week and do cardio (walk 3 miles/hr) 3x a week. I have been increaseing my calories to decrease the amount of lean muscle mass I loose along with the fat.
  • Just wanted to add that I use the Fitbit too. I really like to calculate my steps, stairs climbed, calories, etc.
  • I'm just too darned rebellious and lazy to count calories or follow a strict diet. I lost a bunch of weight about 10 years ago.. I went from a size 24 down to a size 12 by walking and lowering my portions. I am in a 14 right now, and haven't regained any. But I still have about 40 lbs I need to lose.
    So I am doing the same thing, watching how much I eat and making sure I get some movement in each day.
  • I just started this journey for the millionth time! This week,I am just eating alot of protein and trying to stay away from carbs,of course hubby brought home a carmel apple:moo i guess ill start again tomorrow!
  • Calorie counting with MFP. Exercising with walking/jogging and elliptical 4-5 times week.
  • I don't follow any plan. I endeavor to eat healthy foods prepared at home (so I know what's in them!), practice portion control, and exercise (cardio 5 - 6x per week, weights 2x per week).

I'm trying to do something that is sustainable long term, and this seems to work for me.
  • I only count calories and go to the gym. However, I don't eat any meat.
  • olleharr, can you please tell me more about the DASH diet? I just found out I have high blood pressure and was told to follow the DASH diet but I must say I find the info online a little confusing. Thanks :-)
  • Dr. Oz approved anti-aging and weight loss :)
    I'm eating gluten free and taking Limitless Thrive HGH and Charge weight loss complex. Dr. Oz endorses the HGH science for weight loss and anti-aging. If you haven't heard of it, feel free to pm me for more info or visit performanceHGH . com
  • The chicken breast diet. Lol. I eat chicken Monday Tuesday wednesday well u get the point. Of course I have other stuff mainly low carb and count calories. No sweet drinks other than almond vanilla milk, it is like a treat every time. This week I have been of track, going back to my healthy eating tomorrow, just gotta put it out there so I keep accountable!
    I do 45 mins cardio everyday, cheat days are 25-30 mins just started weight lifting again 3-4 times a week.
  • I'm on the calorie counting diet! haha

My limit is 1,500 per day... I do Zumba on my nintendo wii for about an hour 5 days a week... Just started resistance training also.

Can anyone explain the Ideal Protein diet to me? It sounds interesting
  • I'm a calorie counter, using MyFitnessPal.
    I'm on treadmill or nordic track at least 5 days/week.

Agreed, weight is coming off slower.
  • Ideal Protein