Alternative Reviews Vol 1

You're on Page 13 of 29
Go to
  • Has anyone tried the protithin peanut and caramel soy puffs?
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...cks-7-box.html
  • Quote: Has anyone tried the protithin peanut and caramel soy puffs?
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...cks-7-box.html
    My wife and I have tried them. They are similar to the chocolate and peanut butter IP soy puffs but the outside has a caramel with no real peanut taste.

My wife was looking for more peanut taste to replace the IP peanut butter soy puffs and make a "Reese's mix" of peanut butter and chocolate puffs.
  • My health food store told me if I buy 12 Quest bars I will get %10 off...they are $3 there...saves me $1/bar anyways. Bought some others mentioned here at walmart too. Should save me a bit. Going to stay on IP packs for breakfast and lunch for now, might get bolder as I lose. Does the price seem fair to you?
  • Hey all, I recently ordered the Weight Loss Systems Cheese Steak Macaroni. This is a super restricted, only 2 times a week item, correct?
  • Weight Loss Systems Protein Bar - Chocolate Nutty Almond
    This is outstanding. I received it as a sample and will definitely add it to my next order.

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...ond-7-box.html
  • Quote: Hey all, I recently ordered the Weight Loss Systems Cheese Steak Macaroni. This is a super restricted, only 2 times a week item, correct?
    Yes - it's very high in carbs so should only be used twice per week.
  • Quote: Hey all, I recently ordered the Weight Loss Systems Cheese Steak Macaroni. This is a super restricted, only 2 times a week item, correct?
    mmmmm...that sounds delish!
  • Quote: Yes - it's very high in carbs so should only be used twice per week.
    Thanks, Scorbett!

Quote: mmmmm...that sounds delish!
    I agree, mac and cheese is one of my all time comfort foods! I'm so looking forward to trying it!
  • Just ordered my first alternatives products; my craving for BBQ chips drove me to read through all the alternative threads. Now I wish I had taken the time to do so before starting IP. I can't believe the cost difference!!

However, I know that I needed the head down, just follow the rules, weekly accountability checks that IP has given me so far. But my wheels are spinning thinking about when and how I can move away from my Dr (who I like and I think is hurting for business).

Thanks to all of you who've posted your alternative reviews/feedback and have posted a bunch about websites, ordering, etc.!
  • Oatmeal cookies?
    I just bought the Health Smart Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and really like it. I also like the fact that's it's unrestricted! Has any tried to make the oatmeal cookies using alternative oatmeal instead of the IP oatmeal? (These are the cookies that use oatmeal and butterscotch pudding). Just wondering if it would work with alternative oatmeal, because I would love to try it. Thanks!
  • Is there a list of unrestricted foods/snacks in this tread? I may have missed it. I am trying to only do the unrestricted packets....it would really be helpful to know what foods are best...there are so many different things, it is confusing. So far I have had the EAS Advantage shake, the ProtiDiet Pink Lemonade and the ProtiDiet chicken noodle. So far all are good but I definitely want a variety in the cupboard to avoid getting board.
  • Quote: Is there a list of unrestricted foods/snacks in this tread? I may have missed it. I am trying to only do the unrestricted packets....it would really be helpful to know what foods are best...there are so many different things, it is confusing. So far I have had the EAS Advantage shake, the ProtiDiet Pink Lemonade and the ProtiDiet chicken noodle. So far all are good but I definitely want a variety in the cupboard to avoid getting board.
    All you have to do is look at the Net carb content (total carbs minus dietary fiber).

8g net carb or less - unrestricted
    9g-16g net carb - restricted
    17g net carb - super restricted (twice a week only)

I should say that having ONLY unrestricted isn't likely to do much good, unless you have already found that you are EXTREMELY carb sensitive (this is the exception, not the rule). The difference in carbs between restricted and unrestricted is so small that it really does not have much of an effect in most people.
  • Quote: All you have to do is look at the Net carb content (total carbs minus dietary fiber).

8g net carb or less - unrestricted
    9g-16g net carb - restricted
    17g net carb - super restricted (twice a week only)

I should say that having ONLY unrestricted isn't likely to do much good, unless you have already found that you are EXTREMELY carb sensitive (this is the exception, not the rule). The difference in carbs between restricted and unrestricted is so small that it really does not have much of an effect in most people.
    Ditto, except I'll add that if the fat is more than 30% I would consider it a restricted.
  • Quote: Ditto, except I'll add that if the fat is more than 30% I would consider it a restricted.
    This is true. Also how IP categorizes the higher fat items (like the soy puffs).

It might take a little backtracking, but I've posted a few times in this thread the full guidelines for matching up products with IP - calories, fat, carbs and protein.
  • Quote: This is true. Also how IP categorizes the higher fat items (like the soy puffs).

It might take a little backtracking, but I've posted a few times in this thread the full guidelines for matching up products with IP - calories, fat, carbs and protein.
    Exactly, but she (or others) might not backtrack since you just answered her question.