Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #181  
SBDubs
 
staceyjblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Default

Has anyone tried the protithin peanut and caramel soy puffs?
https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...cks-7-box.html
staceyjblack is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #182  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Has anyone tried the protithin peanut and caramel soy puffs?
https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...cks-7-box.html
My wife and I have tried them. They are similar to the chocolate and peanut butter IP soy puffs but the outside has a caramel with no real peanut taste.

My wife was looking for more peanut taste to replace the IP peanut butter soy puffs and make a "Reese's mix" of peanut butter and chocolate puffs.
mnfenixtx is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #183  
IP start March 8th 2013
 
newday2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posts: 248

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Default

My health food store told me if I buy 12 Quest bars I will get %10 off...they are $3 there...saves me $1/bar anyways. Bought some others mentioned here at walmart too. Should save me a bit. Going to stay on IP packs for breakfast and lunch for now, might get bolder as I lose. Does the price seem fair to you?
newday2013 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #184  
Senior Member
 
ZOMBIEDAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Beautiful Washington State
Posts: 322

Height: 5'7

Default

Hey all, I recently ordered the Weight Loss Systems Cheese Steak Macaroni. This is a super restricted, only 2 times a week item, correct?
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #185  
SBDubs
 
staceyjblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Default Weight Loss Systems Protein Bar - Chocolate Nutty Almond

This is outstanding. I received it as a sample and will definitely add it to my next order.

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...ond-7-box.html
staceyjblack is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #186  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Hey all, I recently ordered the Weight Loss Systems Cheese Steak Macaroni. This is a super restricted, only 2 times a week item, correct?
Yes - it's very high in carbs so should only be used twice per week.
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #187  
Senior Member
 
Suchawittygal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 286

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Hey all, I recently ordered the Weight Loss Systems Cheese Steak Macaroni. This is a super restricted, only 2 times a week item, correct?
mmmmm...that sounds delish!
Suchawittygal is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #188  
Senior Member
 
ZOMBIEDAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Beautiful Washington State
Posts: 322

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yes - it's very high in carbs so should only be used twice per week.
Thanks, Scorbett!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
mmmmm...that sounds delish!
I agree, mac and cheese is one of my all time comfort foods! I'm so looking forward to trying it!
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #189  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 123

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Default

Just ordered my first alternatives products; my craving for BBQ chips drove me to read through all the alternative threads. Now I wish I had taken the time to do so before starting IP. I can't believe the cost difference!!

However, I know that I needed the head down, just follow the rules, weekly accountability checks that IP has given me so far. But my wheels are spinning thinking about when and how I can move away from my Dr (who I like and I think is hurting for business).

Thanks to all of you who've posted your alternative reviews/feedback and have posted a bunch about websites, ordering, etc.!
rubygirl05 is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #190  
Starting over: 7/29/2015
 
tam67green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 292

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Oatmeal cookies?

I just bought the Health Smart Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and really like it. I also like the fact that's it's unrestricted! Has any tried to make the oatmeal cookies using alternative oatmeal instead of the IP oatmeal? (These are the cookies that use oatmeal and butterscotch pudding). Just wondering if it would work with alternative oatmeal, because I would love to try it. Thanks!
tam67green is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #191  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 43

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Default

Is there a list of unrestricted foods/snacks in this tread? I may have missed it. I am trying to only do the unrestricted packets....it would really be helpful to know what foods are best...there are so many different things, it is confusing. So far I have had the EAS Advantage shake, the ProtiDiet Pink Lemonade and the ProtiDiet chicken noodle. So far all are good but I definitely want a variety in the cupboard to avoid getting board.
Erica6700 is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #192  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
Is there a list of unrestricted foods/snacks in this tread? I may have missed it. I am trying to only do the unrestricted packets....it would really be helpful to know what foods are best...there are so many different things, it is confusing. So far I have had the EAS Advantage shake, the ProtiDiet Pink Lemonade and the ProtiDiet chicken noodle. So far all are good but I definitely want a variety in the cupboard to avoid getting board.
All you have to do is look at the Net carb content (total carbs minus dietary fiber).

8g net carb or less - unrestricted
9g-16g net carb - restricted
17g net carb - super restricted (twice a week only)

I should say that having ONLY unrestricted isn't likely to do much good, unless you have already found that you are EXTREMELY carb sensitive (this is the exception, not the rule). The difference in carbs between restricted and unrestricted is so small that it really does not have much of an effect in most people.
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #193  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,823

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
All you have to do is look at the Net carb content (total carbs minus dietary fiber).

8g net carb or less - unrestricted
9g-16g net carb - restricted
17g net carb - super restricted (twice a week only)

I should say that having ONLY unrestricted isn't likely to do much good, unless you have already found that you are EXTREMELY carb sensitive (this is the exception, not the rule). The difference in carbs between restricted and unrestricted is so small that it really does not have much of an effect in most people.
Ditto, except I'll add that if the fat is more than 30% I would consider it a restricted.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #194  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ditto, except I'll add that if the fat is more than 30% I would consider it a restricted.
This is true. Also how IP categorizes the higher fat items (like the soy puffs).

It might take a little backtracking, but I've posted a few times in this thread the full guidelines for matching up products with IP - calories, fat, carbs and protein.
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #195  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,823

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
This is true. Also how IP categorizes the higher fat items (like the soy puffs).

It might take a little backtracking, but I've posted a few times in this thread the full guidelines for matching up products with IP - calories, fat, carbs and protein.
Exactly, but she (or others) might not backtrack since you just answered her question.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alternative Product Reviews jennydoodle Ideal Protein Diet 524 10-03-2012 03:45 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.