Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/226/199

Height: 5 ft 6

Default New to IP and sick

I've been OP for 6 days now and loving every minute of it. This am I woke up with allergy/cold/sore throat and have spent the day grumpy and tired. I know it's from the head stuff, not the diet.
For breakfast, I had a nice cold drink. For lunch, I had a warm soup (it went down well against my sore throat). I couldn't make myself eat the veggies; it hurts to swallow.
Any advice? I want to stay 100% OP but don't have the appliances need to turn my veggies into a shake...
SydneyRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyRaine View Post
I've been OP for 6 days now and loving every minute of it. This am I woke up with allergy/cold/sore throat and have spent the day grumpy and tired. I know it's from the head stuff, not the diet.
For breakfast, I had a nice cold drink. For lunch, I had a warm soup (it went down well against my sore throat). I couldn't make myself eat the veggies; it hurts to swallow.
Any advice? I want to stay 100% OP but don't have the appliances need to turn my veggies into a shake...
Could you steam some cauliflower and then mash it? That doesn't require any fancy equiment, just some EVOO and a little garlic, some mushy cauliflower, and a fork
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #3  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyRaine View Post
Sauteed spinach reduces a lot and can be mixed into your soup Hope you feel better .. I suffer from allergies and they really hit my 2nd week OP. A sinus rinse might help too ...
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Try spinach in your shake, blend well. Also look for a thread by LizRR on veggie purées and ways to use them.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #5  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

You've obviously got some IP soup packets on hand. I steam or microwave some veggies and blend them into my soups.
I particularly enjoy lightly steamed zucchini & red peppers blended into tomato basil soup, along with some minced onion, curry spice and black pepper. That mixture is also not bad in pea soup or cream of chicken soup. I've done this with lightly cooked celery too, and it was good.

Last edited by evepet; 09-13-2012 at 09:36 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote