What are your go to items?

• Today is my first day on IP, I am using non IP products and no coach, due to the cost. I did get the EAS protein that was suggested on here. I think in the beginning it would be easier to use some of the Protidiet products that I have seen people talking about. Before I place an order what are your "must have" products? Thanks!!
  • Quote: Today is my first day on IP, I am using non IP products and no coach, due to the cost. I did get the EAS protein that was suggested on here. I think in the beginning it would be easier to use some of the Protidiet products that I have seen people talking about. Before I place an order what are your "must have" products? Thanks!!
    My favorite Proti-thin items:
    chocolate covered soy snacks
    wafer cookies
    peanut butter bars.
    hot chocolate drink (I usually don't warm it up)
    chocolate pudding.
    maple oatmeal (for baking with)
  • Check out the "alternatives" thread for lots of ideas- it will take you a while to plow through all of it but there is a lot of good info in there.

In your first two weeks you might want to avoid restricted items. Some people don't have an issue with them, but I am one of the people who do. I didn't have any week one, had a great week, added them in week two and three and weight loss slowed. Took them back out week four and numbers got a lot better. It is a personal decision- some people lose great with them.

That being said, my go to's are:

Premier Protein RTD shakes, they are available at Costco and some other places. 30G protein in each shake, and taste is very good (I am picky)

Protidiet grape drink
    Protidiet chocolate dream bars- like Nestle crunch and not restricted
    Protidiet chcololate wafer bar
    Protidiet chicken noodle soup- tastes like cup-a-soup, can add own veggies
    Protithin sweet roll mix- good for a bready-cravings
    Protithin chocolate soy snacks- awesome but restricted
    Healthsmart rich cocoa cereal- generous portion but restricted
    Healthsmart caramel crunch bar- ridiculously good, will buy these even when I phase off, but restricted (sigh)

Good luck- best advice would be to track down Premier protien drinks. EAS are also good, but I think Premier is better.
  • I've been using IP products but gradually transitioning to alternatives. Can't offer much in the way of "favorites"...BUT the one thing to be careful of is to make sure that when you are ordering - you order TWICE as many unrestricted (under 8 carbs per serving) as restricted (above 8 carbs). You can only have 1 restricted per day, but they're so yummy that I overbought them in the beginning
  • Quote: ... make sure that when you are ordering - you order TWICE as many unrestricted (under 8 carbs per serving) as restricted (above 8 carbs). You can only have 1 restricted per day, but they're so yummy that I overbought them in the beginning

Excellent advice- you don't want to find yourself with a bunch of stuff you can't eat, and it also cuts down on the temptation if you have lots of non-restricteds to choose from. I found myself in that position and ended up drinking a lot of shakes until I got my next Nashua box.
  • proti-diet grape drink!!! my delicious MOCK WINE in a glass!!!
    proti-diet chicken noodle soup...especially when you are feeling sick!

may my house never be WITHOUT these!!
  • Love the proti-thin Chocolate wafers in Dark chocolate! The mocha is good too but I like a deep chocolate flavor! I like the Proti-Thin Capachino drink and chocolate drink!!! Good luck!
  • I'll be watching this thread since I'll need to order in the near future.