Simply filling/Core Chat: Aug 27-Aug 31

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • New Pages

I have taken this thread only to the 31st, assuming we can start our every two week threads now.
  • Nancy, you may need counseling, but it's not because you tear up when a problem presents itself. It's difficult not to have your partner. Hang up pictures were the paint needs re-touching!

I've done well with food so far...oatmeal, nuts and an apple.
  • Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Good idea about hanging pictures. Congratulations on being on plan. Your food looks yummy.

Nancy, hang those photos. Then go to counseling. Wish I could go with you.

I am doing well op today. We had chicken fajitas/chilli beans for lunch. I had a Fiber One cookie/fruit for bfast. I need to go to the store, but I'm tired. My gf was here shooting all morning. It was hot/humid out there. Took its toll on this old lady.
  • Hi Ladies

Can't believed how the time passed away today,I didn't realized that I wasn't on the board this morning.

Mary & I didn't go to the Glass Onion as it wasn't open on Sundays so we went to an Italian restaurant instead.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.Oh what ever you want. I just follow you guys and its OK with me.

SANDRA- No one was hurt and the guy gave men money to repair the cars mirror. Sometimes the hot weather plays tricks on the body where the energy drags. I take G2 Gatorade with low carbs to give me the energy.

Have a great day
  • Ok. I've had yogurt, cheese and strawberries, hummus and carrots....need protein so I think I'll have some bar- b- qued chicken I bought yesterday.

I also saw my trainer, did the exercise routine and spent about 3 minutes on the elliptical. I have to make myself stay on heels on the elliptical so it will take some getting back to I believe. But, so far, all is well....iced my foot afterwards.
  • Maryann, Italian sounds good to me. I'm not a Gatorade fan, but I do drink a lot of water when I'm outside.

Rhonda, you are very talented. You can make hummus and carrots sound good. I'm glad you're getting back into your exercise routine.
  • I finished the food for the day with chicken and a power veggie drink--low sodium V8 blended with strawberries, raw spinach and purslane. And, I'll fess up, I had the last sliver of a chocolate cake I made over the weekend for church events.

So, I feel good about food today. I hope you all do also, and if not, tomorrow is another day.
  • Thanks everyone..I meant to say I don't think I do need a counselor , its just that its normal to have a moment here & there when you have had a big loss..
    I think I am dealing pretty well..

A friend that is a good decorator spent the day with me shopping and staging ...
    How fun..she knows how to shop and accessorize and pull things together. When I get it all done I will post some pictures..

Tomorrow is cleaning day. I have someone coming to help...
  • Nancy, my dad has been dead for two years, and I still have what I call "daddy days" where I relive the day my family and I witnessed him have his cardiac arrest. I think "moments" are very normal, but I don't think counseling is a bad idea if you feel like you need it. Just do what is right for you! ...and I agree with hanging pics and not worrying about the paint

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
  • Nancy, we'll be waiting to see those pics. I remember what fun I had staging when we were readying our home in Montana. I used to direct plays and thought of this as set design.

I'm off to WI.
  • Nancy, my husband died 26 years ago and from time to time I have such real dreams about him that I have a day of feeling very raw from the loss. "Moments" are very common and don't mean "unresolved grief" or any other such nonsense that is out there.

Staging can be a lot of fun. My Toronto house looked great when I sold it and I enjoyed arranging it. I need to stage this place just for us!
  • And our place is staged like an archery shop.

I lost 2.6 this week. We're leaving in a few minutes for Curtis' dr. appt and PT. Ya'll have a good afternoon.
  • Hi Ladies

Weather is getting humid again,didn't have chance to walk as it was raining when I got down to the beach.

SANDRA-I didn't have any Italian food at that restaurant I had short ribs instead with risotto along with a glass of wine and than for dessert chocolate mousse. Was up on the scale yesterday but now I back to the 161 again.

NANCY-Your loss will never go away completely its that way with me also. I have times when I cry but eventually come out of it. With me my faith has made me whole,and now I can go forward.

Have to go and start my chores.
  • Sandra

She's right, folks, it is like an archery shop....and, they look right at home in it.
  • Maryann!

We're home from PT and the doctor. Curtis is doing super great. What a blessing! We just had some 15 bean soup for dinner. I still have 2 pts left. Think I'm having 2 frozen peanut butter cups.