You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: We should have a thread for those of us 50 and older doing IP. LOL
    Totally agree!
  • Quote: Totally agree!
    Start one!
  • Quote: Start one!
    Ok, have any ideas for a good name?
  • Good idea! I'm up for it! We do tend to have a bit of a different take on things at this age. In many ways - as my husband is usually quick to point out !

Our 42 year old son is doing this along with us. It's a lot of fun doing this as a family project. We help each other thru the tough patches and share recipes and laugh about how awful some of the foods are. My son loves to tweak everything. He was quite overweight but has already lost 18 pounds and he is a diabetic. His numbers dropped significantly. In fact so low, so quickly that he is in normal range and is worried about going low! Off to his doctor next week to lower his meds. Makes a mom's heart feel good !

More shark sightings. This time in the bay and not the ocean side. Come to Cape Cod but don't swim in our waters! Yikes! The Chamber Of Commerce in the different towns are going nuts! We watched the original Jaws last night. History does repeat itself!

Let's just hope that my weight re-gain doesn't. I'm in it 100% for the long haul!
  • Quote: I had finished menopause years ago but had horrible hot flashes during it. For the past 3 years though, I have had incredible hot flashes any time I ate! Of course all my doctors just looked at me like i was crazy and rolled their eyes! Well..........after being on IP for 4 days they went away!!!! I am thrilled (as is my long suffering husband!). My qigong teacher has been saying for years that it was my body digesting food and it wasn't happy. Well I have finally found the answer. Those darn carbs. Not only do they screw with your hips, they fuel the darn internal furnace. I am finally not hot all the time or recovering from being hot. Yippee yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have found that I do not get hot like I used to anymore either...guess you are right! Stupid Carbs!!!!
  • How about "Fabulous at Fifty +" ??

We are fabulous, aren't we???
  • Quote: How about "Fabulous at Fifty +" ??

We are fabulous, aren't we???
    Lizzy, I like the name. Think that we need a thread like this specific to IP.
  • Fab At Fifty+ works for me!

My body furnace has so drastically changed that I actually threw a throw over my feet last night while watching tv. My husband was shocked. So was I. He's seeing the electric bill savings and being able to set the a/c at a higher temp. I'm just satisfied with the absence of my internal combustion machine that used to be set at high!

All in for Fab At Fifty+? I'd start it but I don't know how.
  • Fab fifty + works for me. I'm off to start a new thread. Now we all have to keep the thread active so we don't drift too far down onto the next page.
  • We are active chicks! Not a problem. Besides at this point in our lives we tend to speak our minds and are not ones to shy away from things - like IP. Sometimes being older has it's perks!
    Don't worry, we will keep it goin.