Stalling

• I have stalled at my early 250's (at 254 this morning.) My goal is 237 by Sept 14th and I know I can make it by then, but I have just had no energy to exercise and I havent been able to stick to my diet at all for the past three weeks or so. Completely blowing it. And I'm extremely depressed. Help.
  • Quote: I have stalled at my early 250's (at 254 this morning.) My goal is 237 by Sept 14th and I know I can make it by then, but I have just had no energy to exercise and I havent been able to stick to my diet at all for the past three weeks or so. Completely blowing it. And I'm extremely depressed. Help.
    If you can't stick to your diet you need to ask yourself why. Is your diet too restrictive? Are you using food to compensate for something else?

As for exercise - "no energy" is a very common excuse. The thing about our bodies is that they like to rest - so you just need to go do it. The energy will come. Also - what kind of exercise are you doing? Do you hate it? Maybe you should try something else. Personally I believe weight training is the most time effective exercise for fat loss - but I also like walking. Just brisk walking is very effective exercise and it is free.

Worth thinking about ... perhaps your diet is responsible for your energy or lack thereof. For example if you're insulin resistant eating too many carbs will make you tired.