Lack of sexual desire?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Am I the only one experiencing this, and what would be causing it?

Since having lost most of my weight I'm just not in the mood.

I feel bad for my fiance because I turn him down ...all...the...time.

I really don't know what's doing this because when I was at my highest I wanted to have sex all the time,, anytime, anywhere, any way!

Nowadays, I just want nothing to do with it, and it's been like this for the last 6 or 7 months.

Is this just a low? Is it going to get better?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really confused!
  • well...after seeing your other thread and knowing that you're planning a wedding... do you feel overly stressed? that could do it.
  • Are you on a BC pill? I was on tri-cyclical BC on and off for 7 years and it completely killed my sex drive and altered my personality. I went off it and everything was fine again.
  • Quote: Are you on a BC pill? I was on tri-cyclical BC on and off for 7 years and it completely killed my sex drive and altered my personality. I went off it and everything was fine again.
    ^ this. Nuvaring killed my sex drive too, I'm still on it because I need a BC and this one has the least adverse effects, but yeah, definitely not into the sex as much.
  • This is gonna sound funny, but start reading trashy romance novels. It helps for me. Also, buy yourself a super sexy outfit, you're totally hot! You deserve it!

SRS though, it's probably stress. Once everything calms down you'll get your groove back.
  • Quote: Are you on a BC pill? I was on tri-cyclical BC on and off for 7 years and it completely killed my sex drive and altered my personality. I went off it and everything was fine again.
    ^This. I went off my pill after being on it for over 2 years and the first 2 weeks I was hornier than a 17 year old boy. That being said, I have PCOS so it was probably the rush of testosterone I was getting. But yes, yes, and again yes. Your BCP can definitely screw things up for your libido.
  • When I'm focused on losing weight I often have to put effort into being ready for sex. I find that I am just too preoccupied... that combined with wedding planning? Could be a bad mix for your sex drive!
  • Sounds like a lot of stress. I've been having the same problem too but I think mines body dysmorohia because though I'm like 30 pounds lighter I feel like I've gotten fatter so I find it harder to be intimate.
  • This might not apply to you but when I was obese I used sex as a way to make me feel better about myself. It would make me feel desirable, even though during it I worried about the wobbling! Perhaps now that you're thin you don't need it as much for comfort? Again, it really might not apply to you but worth a guess!

I agree with what the other girls have said too - stress and any sort of pill that plays with your hormones will do it too.
  • all very valid answers. another is : anti-depressents kill sex drive as well as low B12, Vit. D & thyroid.

Good Luck with the wedding plans, try not to stress, just enjoy the process.
  • It's actually fairly common for people to see a significant decrease in libido when dieting, especially if they are really low in calories or specifically in carbohydrates.
  • I agree that the wedding-planning stress is probably a factor. On the plus side, I imagine the honeymoon sex will be that much better if you've been putting off sex for a while How are your energy levels throughout the day? If you're cutting calories, you have less energy to burn off, which could make something as active as sex less appealing.

...I kinda wish that I had your problem. My guy's on the opposite side of the planet and, in the (slightly edited) words of Kaylee Frye, "On [5 months now] I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries."
  • Quote: This is gonna sound funny, but start reading trashy romance novels. It helps for me. Also, buy yourself a super sexy outfit, you're totally hot! You deserve it!

SRS though, it's probably stress. Once everything calms down you'll get your groove back.
    Totally! I second this... I was actually not too comfortable with having sex with my husband at my highest weight, but then I read 50 Shades of Grey and IT WAS BACK ON!!! he didn't know what hit him! lol!

Then I read Outlander (which is more romancy, but also has some sex scenes and, honestly, our sex life is awesome!!!

I think wedding stress will definitely do it! But it could also just be a phase while you're getting used to your new body. Don't stress too much, but also don't let it slide either
  • I had this problem the first time I lost weight. What I found is that I was stretching myself thin... I was so focused on so many things (weight loss included) that I didn't spend enough time paying attention to the hubby and focusing on him/us. Try to set aside something a day or two a week and focus on your relationship, it will help tremendously.
  • I want to 3rd looking into your BC if you've recently changed. When I got on ortho-tricylin low I turned into a b*tch with no sex drive. It took me 3 months to figure out what was up ... and only because I suddenly had dry mouth all the time! Haha.