10 Pound Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hang in there Amy. I didn't lose anything last week either and I even managed to gain a pound the beginning of the week. despite this, ehem, setback, I am staying OP and I have had people comment on the loss of size...so I'm keeping to it and the results will show one way or another. I just know eating better makes me feel better and my sweetooth cravins are controllable now. -- Don't give up Amy, we are all here for you andknow you can do this!

The pup is much better, thanks. He's running around and freaking out like a happy little crack baby.
  • Well I am down to 163.5 this AM, that is a hoot! Could be that I haven't had time to eat worth a diddle the past couple of days! I am not sure. But regardless no complaints about the loss!

Hugs,
    Amy
    176/163.5/153
  • Ok down a pound!!!! Still OP and doing well, but its coming off so sloooooow. Now I remember why I was never able to do this before and gave up. It can get very frustrating trying so hard with seemingly little effects.
    But people have noticed so something must be going right.

I will be out of hand from the rest of today till Monday!!! Finally a mini-vacation.

to everyone and have a great holiday!!!!
  • Yes...
    It does stink how slowly the weight loss goes. They always say that it took a long time to gain, so it will take a long time to lose. But hey... I can easily gain five pounds in a week if I don't pay attention... but it takes a willpower of steel for me to lose two pounds in the same amount of time! Whats up with that? The good thing is, I've been hanging out around here for several months and am still slowly losing weight. I've never stuck to losing weight for more than six weeks let alone more than six months! There is definitely something to be said for group support and encouragement. Plus you all are just too much fun.

Slowly but surely we will reach goal!
  • Grrrr... Monday was tougher than I thought, to get back on track after the weekend binge. I DID get that 2.5 mile walk in and that made me feel better. Though I did eat a ate dinner. It was a salad though, so not a bad choice.

I hope all is doing superly!!!
  • Ummmm.....is this for ten pounds down or ten pounds up?
  • Ruth!!! don't say such a thing!
  • Ms. Ruth I think it is a 10 pound up.....
  • Amyjo, I just knew I could count on you!
  • The only thing with the up challenge is it is so much harder to gain weight than lose it

It really is funny... you know you can gain X (enter your number here) is a weeks time and it takes several months to get it off, that of course being if you are normal and not my husband who can lose 15 in a month
  • Know I do know all about that!! My hub and I started a diet a year ago. I ate very little, worked-out and walked EVERYDAY....managed 12 pounds in 3 months. HE (the bast**d) lost 30 in the same time WITHOUT walking and eating more! Even ice cream! Enough to make you cry. I'm up on him now...since starting this 'food reinvention" I am now 10 pounds lighter than he is....the FIRST time in our 18 yrs together.
  • Hey girls
    I am up to the challenge too.
    I pledge to lose 10 lbs by May 19th. Mine and hubbies 13th anniversary, I would love to be down to 199.5 but that is just not possible or healthy, but I will be at goal by this time next year. I am a very fortunate person because I am loved by several people, all of which I love back deeply, I have enough food to eat, good food, shelter, and clothing on my back, sometimes I lose focus on what really matters and then something happens to make me realize just how lucky I am. I hope you are all as blessed and fortunate as I am. LOVE to you all!!
    Virginia
  • Wonderbar Virginia!!!! Glad to have you here!
    The more the merrier I say! Congrats on your so-far loss. Great success!!
  • Crap I should be writing this in Group Therapy. Yeah let me go there....

I hope everyone is great! Weigh-day tomorrow....yes i am nervous. but I have been eating well and feeling good and walking....so even if the scale is evil, I will not let it get me down.

i have to go vent now...
  • Lost the Easter Challenge
    Hi!

I wasn't at home for several days and I see I've missed alot! I know many of us had an Easter goal. I din't make my original one!!! I made the revised one though. I'm at 150 and my 10 pound challenge will be for June 7th. My friends and I are having a reunion.

Sandi