Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #16  
**No Excuses**

Woohoo! I have friends, I have friends....now I'm not so alone....::grins:: I'm teasing ladies. thanks for letting stick my lil head in the door, its the only thing on this body little, lmao! Well I thought I was going to get to to WI today, but.....hmm, its snowing here, sooooo. It totally bums me out. Even though I know there is a greater chance I've gained this week instead of lost, I would have really liked to have known where I stood. Oh well. Hope all is doing good.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:33 PM   #17  
Buggin' with Pugs

Man has the day been a real B****. I am finally going to have a chance to add my log into my diary. I have a feeling I am not going to have any loss this week. I have been a good girl pretty much, but I don't think the scale is going to tell me much this week. HOWEVER, I was very excited when I grabbed a pair of pants that have been sitting in my closet that were always, just tight enough to force on...you know jumping, squatting to stretch them, etc, but very uncomfortable. I'd have to sneak a "bottom break" in sometimes. Well, I am pleased to announce I have them on with NO effort, except a little suck-in!!!! So even if the scale lets my down, I know the inches are working their way off. I think I am going to measure tomorrow to....I'll have to look and see if I put them on the log. hmmm. anyway off the the log now.

CeeYa later ladies hope everyone is fantabulous.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #18  
Buggin' with Pugs

Welcome aboard Aradia!!!! Glad to have ya!!
Old 04-11-2003, 09:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Can anyone tell me how it is physically possible to gain 2.5 pounds over night? It just doesn't make since to me... I am about to completely lose it! (literally not figuratively) DH is driving me quite mad, he has lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks and dropped a pants size.....and he is letting me know it too! I am about ready to just say (#@*&#(@*&$ it and eat the house.

I have been really good, no junk, no sweets, I have been drinking my water cut out my coffee and down on caffine.... I have really been watching my portions and my refined carbs and be dang if I am not gaining weight! I was down to 164 last week and this morning I am up to 167.5 I was 165 yesterday. Did I mention I am about to lose it? I may of had a little too much salt yesterday but really didn't eat that much..... Larger portion of steak than I should have but Granola Bar for breakfast, Salad for Lunch, Probably 8 ounce sirlion for Dinner with 3/4 cup of Wild rice and mushrooms with a cup of Brocolli. That was it nothing else. I have been averaging about 1200 to 1500 calories a day. I should really be losing but I am not. This really sucks!

Pardon the rant,
Amy
Old 04-11-2003, 11:18 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh Amy... I hear ya, sweetie. It's probably the salt. You must be retaining water. The same thing happens to me on occasion. I can gain 5 pounds overnight.
Don't give up! It'll probably be gone tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:36 AM   #21  
Buggin' with Pugs

I hate the scale.
I didn't do anything....up or down. Needle still sitting in the same dang place.
It's poop, pure poop, I am mad and sad and it's still poop.
And what makes it worse was that the Hub was there with me and saw it. Like a smart human, he said nothing.

Until we got in the car....

then he said "well you should have lost cause you don't eat anything".

Ok so I am torn between thinking that was a kind thing to say and blasting a twinkie in his face. I have been eating, er, a few meals I missed and I shouldn't be having the balance bars act as a meal, really not sufficiant enough. ~~~ Anyway i said nothing. And he said nothing.

I'm going back to work now......*sob*
Old 04-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #22  
Queen of China

hang in there dear ladies...remember muscle weighes more than fat, so you could be adding muscle mass and loosing inches. You can gain water weight over night, that is why I hate to be defined by what a machine (Iam stepping on no less) can dictate to me. But, and it is a big BUTT...I am so obsessed when I weigh in, the night before, I take a long hot bath, shave every nook and cranny, pumise my feet, pluck my eyebrows, clip my nails and take off all my jewelry. I anit weighing nothing that aint tatoo'd on. I even skip the undies...obsessed, sure. I wont eat or drink anything before I go in (thus bright and early I am there) and I even wont wear nail polish. Sick, probably.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #23  
a brave new me...

Talking AHAHAHA!

I'm the same way with official weigh-ins (although I never thought of pumicing and plucking). I take off my jewelry and wear light clothes and even breathe out right before I step on the scale HAHAHAHA ... as if air in my lungs weighs anything. Hey, I'll take whatever ounces I can get! Lately I'm worrying about my new belly button jewelry which I can't remove... I"m sure its weighing me down a few ounces!

Old 04-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #24  
Buggin' with Pugs

HAHAHAHAHA I wonder how much plucked hair weighs????? I wonder if a full body shave would help? And the underwear Gin???? Unless jumping on the scale caused you to dump a load into them, I doubt the 4oz will matter much. Try a T-back?

But thanks ladies for the chin-up..I really do appreciate the optimism. You guys are the bestest.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #25  
a brave new me...

Talking Hey now...

When you add up all of those ounces its easy to hit a half pound! Really!
Old 04-12-2003, 06:34 PM   #26  
Buggin' with Pugs

Well today has been pretty good. I have eaten light even with going to lunch with my best bud from school. She is so cool.

My puppy baby is sick. He's got big tummy trouble and is on a liquid diet for a few days. He's not happy, but it must be done. I had to take him in last night to get some meds and supplements. Poor baby.

I did a massive major cleaning of the house today. My family says i am OCD, maybe so, never been clinically diagnosed ....but every weekend i go on this clean frenzy, but today was EVERYTHING. Took drapes down, scrubbed windows, cleaned the carpet...well you get the picture. I feel better now. I know why I do this (long complicated story), but at least my issues don't come out in a violent way eh?

Why am i writing this in 10lb challenge? Well if you had seen everything I did, lets say it was some major exercise and a workout too.

Well i need to get some food into me then i will be back on for the journal entry.

Tata for now
((((hugs))) to all.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:37 AM   #27  
Buggin' with Pugs

Grrrrrrrr....my pizza binge landed another 1lb back on. But I WILL have it back off by Friday.

Mental Note: Pizza is a very heavy food.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #28  
a brave new me...

Question Ummmm...

Ruben, will you come to my house and clean?
Old 04-14-2003, 04:39 PM   #29  
Buggin' with Pugs

Be careful I've been known to do that
Old 04-15-2003, 01:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Rubens ~ your puppy feeling better?

Well, I am really not doing well on this wonderful challenge it looks like I am doomed to gain instead of lose. Bah it just really stinks to feel like you are doomed.
Closed Thread